Matthew Curtis, Director, The Fry Group
Peter Webb, Head of Tax Advisory, The Fry Group
UK Inheritance Tax and the Family Home
For many, the family home is the most significant asset – both in terms of its financial value and because of the strong emotional ties it holds. This, together with a complex set of anti-avoidance tax rules, mean it can be difficult to consider how to manage family property when it comes to Inheritance Tax (IHT).
In this breakfast briefing, Matthew Curtis, Director and Peter Webb, Head of Tax Advisory at The Fry Group explore what opportunities may be available for lifetime planning and at what cost.
What can I learn from this briefing?
• Strategies to reduce IHT on the family home
• Understanding what reliefs apply to property
• Pitfalls and taxes to be aware of
• Alternative solutions to reduce IHT such as Business Property Relief
About the speakers
Matthew Curtis has worked in financial services since 2004 after graduating from the University of Birmingham with a BSc (Hons) degree. He has significant experience in advising high-net-worth, internationally mobile individuals on their finances, and specialises in tax-efficient investment strategies and retirement planning. Matt holds an Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning from the Chartered Insurance Institute and is currently Director of The Fry Group Hong Kong.
Peter Webb leads our global tax advisory team helping our clients understand and plan for UK tax. He has a particular focus on residence, domicile, and Inheritance Tax mitigation, delivering high-quality UK tax advice to private clients around the world. Peter has more than 30 years’ experience in the tax and accounting world, and over the last 22 years has specialised as an international tax adviser.
This event is hosted by Jeremy Sheldon.
Ticket includes a full hot English breakfast buffet.
note that Business Attire is required by the Hong Kong Club - collared shirts
must be worn by men, and jeans, sandals and sports shoes are not permitted. To
see the full list of club rules on dresscode, please click here.
- Start-up Member:
- Member: HK$275
Terms & Conditions
- Reservations in advance are required. Please consider your booking confirmed unless notified otherwise.
- Cancellations must be made in writing 24 hours prior to the event. No shows will be charged.
- This event is closed to the media.
- The event will be cancelled if the No.8 Typhoon signal or the Black Rain Storm warning is in force.
- By attending this event, you agree to be photographed, recorded, and/or filmed and give permission to use your likeness in promotional and/or marketing materials.
- For further information please email [email protected]
- All payments for this event need to be settled by credit card through PayPal. Please note you do not need a PayPal account to complete payment.