Joe Choy, Of Counsel, Eversheds Sutherland
Sam Chen, Of Counsel, Eversheds Sutherland
Key Considerations for Data Compliance in the HR World
The past year has witnessed rapid developments of data-related laws in the PRC. The legal framework for data compliance established based on the “troika” laws of network safety and data protection (i.e. Cybersecurity Law, PIPL, and Data Security Law) has been developed through the introduction of various regulations and standards which fill the normative gaps in certain sectors and gradually enhance the judicial practice and the enforcement of data protection laws.
In the course of HR management, companies will inevitably be subject to more legal obligations in processing their employees’ personal data given the recent legal developments. In this breakfast briefing, our speakers will share their observations and thoughts from the HR data compliance perspective.
About the speakers
Joe is an Of Counsel in the Hong Kong office of Eversheds Sutherland’s Employment, Labor and Pensions Practice. He advises on all aspect of employment-related issues, including recruitment; structuring of employment relationship; variation of employment terms and benefits; termination of employment; enforceability of non-compete clauses; personal data issues; disciplinary matters; and labour relations. He also handles employment disputes and has experience in conducting proceedings at all levels of the courts of Hong Kong.
Joe also advises on retirement scheme matters, including establishment, maintenance and restructuring of occupational retirement schemes and mandatory provident fund schemes, as well as other related services.
Joe is regularly involved in M&A deals and advises on employment and retirement scheme issues arising from the transactions.
Sam is an Of Counsel in the Corporate team in Shanghai specialising in commercial contracts, employment and corporate. He has worked on matters across a range of industries including pharmaceuticals, chemical, logistics and retail. Sam also has particular expertise with the education sector and has advised clients on all aspects of cross border education projects.
- Member: HK$140
Details on how to join will be sent via email by 5 PM the day before the webinar.
Terms & Conditions
- Reservations in advance are required. Please consider your booking confirmed unless notified otherwise.
- Cancellations must be made in writing 24 hours prior to the event. No shows will be charged.
- This event is closed to the media.
- The event will be cancelled if the No.8 Typhoon signal or the Black Rain Storm warning is in force.
- By attending this event, you agree to be photographed, recorded, and/or filmed and give permission to use your likeness in promotional and/or marketing materials.
- For further information please email [email protected]
- All payments for this event need to be settled by credit card through PayPal. Please note you do not need a PayPal account to complete payment.