Simon Quail, Director, Infrastructure Advisory Practice, EY Hong Kong
Steve Lewis, Partner & Head of Infrastructure, Major Programmes and Construction Advisory, EY Hong Kong
Improving Housing Affordability in Hong Kong
Despite efforts to address the challenge of housing affordability in Hong Kong, significant progress is still required to address the needs of the population. The Northern Metropolis provides a valuable opportunity to address the housing shortage by increasing land supply, improving delivery speed, and expanding the available mix of housing.
At this event, EY will present their paper on the potential role of the Northern Metropolis in addressing housing affordability issues in Hong Kong. The panel discussion will be focused on innovative approaches to financing and delivering more affordable housing, including inclusionary zoning, rent-to-own and build-to-rent.
About the speakers
Simon is a Director in EY’s Infrastructure Advisory practice. He has extensive experience in Hong Kong and across AsiaPac across a range of infrastructure assessments, policy reviews and financial analyses. He has also led a range of studies for large scale infrastructure projects for private and public sector clients, specifically in assessing the economic and social impacts of infrastructure investment. Simon has advised on the implications of various housing related policy interventions and the role of the PPPs in delivering residential and mixed-use developments.
Steve Lewis is Partner & Head of Infrastructure, Major Programmes and Construction Advisory of EY Hong Kong. He is a Chartered Surveyor and has experience working with organisations at a strategic, programme and project level in the private & public sectors in the UK, Hong Kong, China, Middle East and APAC.
Steve has advised various governments on: developing housing solutions through modern construction methods; attracting FDI into the building sector to stimulate growth and to meet housing targets; infrastructure digitalisation and technology-enabled development and operation; setting up complex projects; and managing all elements of construction, operation, asset management, procurement and contract strategy, risk management, project controls structures, systems and methodologies, and major programme organisational design.
This event is hosted by David Graham.
Ticket includes a full hot English breakfast buffet.
note that Business Attire is required by the Hong Kong Club - collared shirts
must be worn by men, and jeans, sandals and sports shoes are not permitted. To
see the full list of club rules on dresscode, please click here.
- Start-up Member: HK$440
- Member: HK$550
Terms & Conditions
- Reservations in advance are required. Please consider your booking confirmed unless notified otherwise.
- Cancellations must be made in writing 24 hours prior to the event. No shows will be charged.
- This event is closed to the media.
- The event will be cancelled if the No.8 Typhoon signal or the Black Rain Storm warning is in force.
- By attending this event, you agree to be photographed, recorded, and/or filmed and give permission to use your likeness in promotional and/or marketing materials.
- For further information please email [email protected]
- All payments for this event need to be settled by credit card through PayPal. Please note you do not need a PayPal account to complete payment.