Laurence Lancaster, Tax Director, Sovereign Group
Stuart Stobie, Director, Sovereign Corporate and Trustee Services Limited
Planning to move, invest or establish a business in the UK?
Moving individually or establishing a business anywhere involves planning. During this seminar, our speakers will provide you with an overview of the UK tax environment and discuss pre and post planning solutions for both individuals and corporates that plan to establish a presence in the UK.
Join us for this event where our speakers will share their insights on the following topics:
• Pre-arrival tax planning solutions
• Where to establish and how to structure your business?
• UK property ownership
About the speakers
Laurence (LLB, LLM, TEP) is a non-practising UK barrister, specialising in UK private client and pensions taxation. His typical clients are high net worth individuals who require tax mitigation strategies and tax advice. His specialist areas include: advising on individuals’ UK residence and domicile status; UK tax treatment of trusts and other structures including close companies and life insurance policies; UK’s pension tax regime; taxation of UK residential property; estate planning; and double taxation treaty advice. As Head of Tax for The Sovereign Group, he helps devise internal tax policies and strategy with a particular focus on UK tax compliance.
Stuart has worked in the trust and fiduciary business industry for the last 25 years, starting his career in Hong Kong with Grant Thornton before joining Sovereign with responsibility for business development in Asia and latterly being made Managing Director before moving to Gibraltar. After a couple of years as Managing Director of Sovereign’s Gibraltar office, he moved to Zurich to join Coutts Bank working as a private banker for their Asia desk before returning to the UK to work for a venture capital company. Stuart re-joined Sovereign in early 2018 working from the Wirral office with responsibility for business development in the North, primarily focussed on corporate and trust work. He is now Managing Director of Sovereign Corporate & Trustee Services Limited. Stuart is a member of STEP and his varied career in the financial and fiduciary industry enables him to engage on a diverse number of issues and find solutions for his clients and introducers.
Details on how to join will be sent via email by 5 PM the day before the webinar.
- Member: HK$140
Terms & Conditions
- Reservations in advance are required. Please consider your booking confirmed unless notified otherwise.
- Cancellations must be made in writing 24 hours prior to the event. No shows will be charged.
- This event is closed to the media.
- The event will be cancelled if the No.8 Typhoon signal or the Black Rain Storm warning is in force.
- By attending this event, you agree to be photographed, recorded, and/or filmed and give permission to use your likeness in promotional and/or marketing materials.
- For further information please email [email protected]
- All payments for this event need to be settled by credit card through PayPal. Please note you do not need a PayPal account to complete payment.