Chris Torrens, Partner, Control Risks
An Outlook into 2023: Managing Business in an Evolving Risk Landscape
After a tumultuous 2022, 2023 will feature a historically broad and deep set of risks for businesses. Fragmentation of the global system will intensify, propelled by a combination of fractious geopolitics, armed conflict, disrupted energy systems, economic strife and disarray in digital networks. We see new regulatory trends emerging, new operational threats manifesting and risk registers needing to be revisited to respond to this reality. Resilience, insights, and courage will be the watchwords for business in the year ahead.
During this webinar, Chris Torrens, Partner at Control Risks, will share observations of the top global risk trends for 2023 and the critical areas of focus in future-proofing your global and local business.
About the speaker
Chris Torrens is a Partner in Control Risks’ Greater China and North Asia region, based in Beijing. Chris heads up the North China geomarket and oversees the company’s growing Chinese client base, advising both state-owned and private Chinese multinational companies operating globally and visiting regional operations across Africa, the Middle East and the Americas. In these capacities he has consulted with multinational and Chinese corporations across various industries on risk and strategy issues, particularly in relation to geopolitical and regulatory risks.
Chris is a regular media commentator on geopolitical and compliance risk issues, and has been interviewed by the BBC, CGTN, CNBC, CNN and Bloomberg. His articles have appeared in the Economist, People’s Daily, Financial Times and specialist publications.
- Member: HK$140
- Non-Member: HK$250
Details on how to join will be sent via email by 5pm the day before the webinar.
Terms & Conditions
- Reservations in advance are required. Please consider your booking confirmed unless notified otherwise.
- Cancellations must be made in writing 24 hours prior to the event. No shows will be charged.
- This event is closed to the media.
- The event will be cancelled if the No.8 Typhoon signal or the Black Rain Storm warning is in force.
- By attending this event, you agree to be photographed, recorded, and/or filmed and give permission to use your likeness in promotional and/or marketing materials.
- For further information please email [email protected]
- All payments for this event need to be settled by credit card through PayPal. Please note you do not need a PayPal account to complete payment.