Philipp Hanusch, Special Counsel, Dispute Resolution, Baker McKenzie
Jerald Wong, Senior Associate, Dispute Resolution, Baker McKenzie
Hong Kong’s Role as a Top International Arbitration Hub
In the 2021 Queen Mary University of London survey, arbitration users ranked Hong Kong as the third most preferred arbitral seat in the world. The shift of the global economy is without a doubt moving to Asia which is leading to more transactions. In turn, this inevitably leads to more disputes.
During this breakfast event, our panel of experts will explain why Hong Kong remains a top international arbitration hub. The speakers will provide insights into the key factors that give Hong Kong the edge over every other seat in the world in resolving China-related disputes. They will also address the following:
- Why Hong Kong arbitration is well-placed to take a leading role in resolving crypto-related disputes.
- The latest developments on new fee structures for Hong Kong arbitrations and arbitration-related court proceedings which came into effect on 16 December 2022.
About the speakers
Philipp Hanusch is a Special Counsel in Baker McKenzie’s International Arbitration Team. He specialises in international commercial arbitration with a focus on shareholder, joint venture and M&A disputes.
Philipp has represented parties in arbitrations under the rules of Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (HKIAC), International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), China International Economic Trade Arbitration Commission (CIETAC), Vienna International Arbitral Centre (VIAC), International Center for Dispute Resolution (ICDR), and the UNCITRAL Arbitration Rules. Philipp is on the HKIAC List of Arbitrators and has been repeatedly appointed as sole arbitrator in ICC arbitrations seated in Hong Kong and Shanghai. He is a regular contributor to Baker McKenzie’s moderated arbitration blog Global Arbitration News and its International Arbitration Year Book.
Jerald Wong is a senior associate in Baker McKenzie’s Hong Kong office and a member of the Firm’s Dispute Resolution Practice Group. Jerald's practice focuses on commercial arbitration and construction arbitration.
Jerald regularly advises clients on China-related disputes. He has represented clients in both court litigation and arbitration on a broad range of disputes including shareholders and joint venture disputes, infrastructure and construction disputes. Jerald is a fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators and a HKIAC accredited Tribunal Secretary.
This event is hosted by David Graham.
Ticket includes a full hot English breakfast buffet.
Please note that Business Attire is required by the Hong Kong Club - collared shirts must be worn by men, and jeans, sandals and sports shoes are not permitted. To see the full list of club rules on dresscode, please click here.
- Start-up Member: HK$440
- Member: HK$550
- Non-Member: HK$680
Terms & Conditions
- Reservations in advance are required. Please consider your booking confirmed unless notified otherwise.
- Cancellations must be made in writing 24 hours prior to the event. No shows will be charged.
- This event is closed to the media.
- The event will be cancelled if the No.8 Typhoon signal or the Black Rain Storm warning is in force.
- By attending this event, you agree to be photographed, recorded, and/or filmed and give permission to use your likeness in promotional and/or marketing materials.
- For further information please email [email protected]
- All payments for this event need to be settled by credit card through PayPal. Please note you do not need a PayPal account to complete payment.