Meet the New Consul General to Hong Kong & Macao, Brian Davidson
Mr Brian Davidson CMG who serves as Her Majesty’s Consul General to Hong Kong and Non-Resident Consul General to Macao, having taken up the position in July 2021 will be joining the Chamber to host a lunch where he will share updates and meet the Chamber Community.
Brian joined the FCO in 1985 and has served in Beijing, Guangzhou and Shanghai in China, and in Lithuania and Australia, before his most recent overseas posting as Ambassador to Thailand. While in the UK, Brian has worked for the Cabinet Office as an analyst on international terrorism and on secondment to International Financial Services London as Deputy Chief Executive.
Brian holds a Bachelor’s degree in Law from Cambridge University. He speaks Mandarin Chinese, French, some Lithuanian and Thai.
Brian married his husband, Scott, in 2014 in one of the first same-sex marriages performed at the British Embassy Beijing. They are now the happy parents of three children.
This event is hosted by David Graham. Please note that walk-ins are not allowed to this event.
Ticket includes a 3-course meal and wine.
note that Business Attire is required by the Hong Kong Club - collared shirts
must be worn by men, and jeans, sandals and sports shoes are not permitted. To
see the full list of club rules on dresscode, please click here.
Please note that Hong Kong Club will require guests fully vaccinated 14 days prior and proof of vaccination.
To avoid any embarrassment, please ensure that you have the vaccination record on hand in either digital or printed form so that can scan the QR code by the government mandated record system when entering 1/F.
Guests who are not in possession of the necessary vaccination documents will not be able to enter the Club.
Member: HK$ 680
Non-Member: HK$ 850
Y-Network Member: HK$ 620
Start-up Member: HK$ 620
Terms & Conditions
- Reservations in advance are required. Please consider your booking confirmed unless notified otherwise.
- Cancellations must be made in writing 24 hours prior to the event. No shows will be charged.
- This event is closed to the media.
- The event will be cancelled if the No.8 Typhoon signal or the Black Rain Storm warning is in force.
- By attending this event, you agree to be photographed, recorded, and/or filmed and give permission to use your likeness in promotional and/or marketing materials.
- For further information please email [email protected]
- All payments for this event need to be settled by credit card through PayPal. Please note you do not need a PayPal account to complete payment.