Supported by the Construction Industry Group
After almost 25 years at Gammon Construction Limited and 16 years as its Chief executive, Thomas Ho is a leader in the construction industry in Hong Kong. In this breakfast briefing Thomas will highlight what he sees as the new norm of construction and explain how, through digitalisation, we can weather the upcoming storms that are sure to affect this industry.
Thomas will provide some observations on how the construction industry can progress much faster by embracing MiC, DfMA, MiMEP, Net Zero construction, and will offer his thoughts on why it is essential to digitise this industry to stay competitive. Thomas will also share his insights into how Hong Kong can become a leader in the Greater Bay Area by building on and implementing these trends and how this will transform the construction industry.
Finally, Thomas will stress the need to improve safety awareness in the industry and will offer some silver bullets and food for thought on the road to a safer construction industry for Hong Kong.
About the speaker
Ir Thomas Ho On-sing, JP
Gammon Construction Limited
Thomas Ho possesses over 40 years of experience in construction industry. He has been dedicated to spearheading project management and general management, safety initiatives, sustainable development and innovation excellence in the construction industry. He is very active in community services and professional associations’ activities and is recognised by the industry as the figurehead in promoting excellence in construction management, as well as sustainable and quality construction. In recognition of his advanced mindset in advocating innovative and green construction initiatives, Thomas received the Outstanding Achievement Award from Hong Kong Institute of Construction Managers in 2018.
Thomas was the Inaugural Chairman of CITAC (Construction Innovation & Technology Application Centre) which served to develop the Centre to be the knowledge hub and to demonstrate local application. He is currently a Town Planning Board Member & CIC Council Member.
This event is hosted by David Graham. Please note that walk-ins are not allowed to this event.
Ticket includes a full hot English breakfast buffet.
Please note that Business Attire is required by the Hong Kong Club - collared shirts must be worn by men, and jeans, sandals and sports shoes are not permitted. To see the full list of club rules on dresscode, please click here.
Please note that
in accordance with the latest change of operational status from the Hong Kong
Club, all attendees at the event are required to be fully vaccinated. Please be
kindly reminded to have the relevant vaccination document on hand, whether in
form of hard copy or in digital form.
- Member: HK$480
- Non-Member: HK$600
- Y-Network Member: HK$380
- Start-up Member: HK$380
Terms & Conditions
- Reservations in advance are required. Please consider your booking confirmed unless notified otherwise.
- Business Attire is required by the Hong Kong Club. No jeans or sports shoes.
- Cancellations must be made in writing 24 hours prior to the event. No shows will be charged.
- This event is closed to the media.
- The event will be cancelled if the No.8 Typhoon signal or the Black Rain Storm warning is in force.
- By attending this event, you agree to be photographed and/or filmed and give permission to use your likeness in promotional and/or marketing materials.
- For further information please email [email protected]
- All payments for this event need to be settled by credit card through PayPal. Please note you do not need a PayPal account to complete payment.