UK Succession and Retirement Planning
Laurence Lancaster, Group Head of Tax, The Sovereign Group
The UK continues to present significant challenges for private clients seeking to plan for retirement or pass wealth down to the next generation. Those expats who have retained their UK domicile face the prospect of paying 40% tax in the UK on their worldwide estate despite potentially having no assets in the UK and having not lived there for many years. Law changes in recent years have made estate and retirement planning more challenging even for non-UK domiciles holding assets in the UK indirectly (for example, where a company holds UK residential property).
This webinar will focus on estate planning strategies by illustrating how trusts, Qualifying Non-UK Pension Scheme, buy-to-let residential property investments, as well as family investment companies can be used to mitigate UK Inheritance tax exposure for UK doms and non-doms.
Details on how to join this webinar will be sent via email within 2 hours of the webinar start time.
About the speakers
Laurence (LLB, LLM, TEP) is a non-practising UK barrister, specialising in UK private client and pensions taxation. His typical clients are high net worth individuals who require tax mitigation strategies and tax advice. His specialist areas include: advising on individuals’ UK residence and domicile status; UK tax treatment of trusts and other structures including close companies and life insurance policies; UK’s pension tax regime; taxation of UK residential property; estate planning; and double taxation treaty advice. As Head of Tax for The Sovereign Group, he helps devise internal tax policies and strategy with a particular focus on UK tax compliance.
- Member: Free of charge
- Non-Member: HK$220
Terms & Conditions
- Reservations in advance are required. Please consider your booking confirmed unless notified otherwise.
- Cancellations must be made in writing 24 hours prior to the event. No shows will be charged.
- This event is closed to the media.
- The event will be cancelled if the No.8 Typhoon signal or the Black Rain Storm warning is in force.
- By attending this event, you agree to be photographed, recorded, and/or filmed and give permission to use your likeness in promotional and/or marketing materials.
- For further information please email [email protected]
- All payments for this event need to be settled by credit card through PayPal. Please note you do not need a PayPal account to complete payment.