Please note that the event has been postponed to a later date. Stay tuned for updates.
Supported by the China Committee
Kelvin Lau, Senior Economist, Standard Chartered Bank
Neal Beatty, Partner and General Manager, Control Risks
Hong Kong and China saw the economy contract at a sharp rate during the first quarter of 2020 as the COVID-19 pandemic swept through. Despite signs of gradual recovery, widespread uncertainties continue to cloud the outlook for the economy. The Chamber welcomes Kelvin Lau and Neal Beatty who will share their insights on both the Macro and Micro economic outlook for China and Hong Kong.
During this event, Kelvin will provide and update on the macroeconomic outlook, both in the context of post-COVID recovery and renewed escalation of US-China confrontation. Neal will then discuss the current global situation and microeconomic outlook; the impact COVID-19 has had on key sectors in China and issues emerging in the recovery; the challenges to the coordination between Chinese subsidiaries and their global headquarters and other regional branches; and also how to manage risk and opportunity in a post COVID-19 China.
About the speakers
Kelvin Lau is a senior economist of Standard Chartered Bank’s Greater China research team, with over 20 years of experience in economic analysis. He specialises in offshore Renminbi development, and provides research on the economies of China and Hong Kong and their integration, including Greater Bay Area development. Kelvin is the co-author of the book The Offshore Renminbi: The Rise of the Chinese Currency and Its Global Future (Wiley, 2012). His views are frequently quoted by international and local media. Kelvin is also the Honorary Economist of the British Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong. Kelvin graduated from the London School of Economics and Political Science.
Neal Beatty is a Partner and General Manager of Control Risks’ Hong Kong office. In this role, he is responsible for client relationships in Hong Kong, developing new business with multinational clients, and advising on areas of business risk that impact their operations in Hong Kong, Greater China and the Asia Pacific region.
Ticket includes a full served breakfast.
- Member: HK$ 450
- Non-Member: HK$ 570
- Y-Network Member: HK$ 360
- Start-up Member: HK$ 360
Terms & Conditions
- Reservations in advance are required. Please consider your booking confirmed unless notified otherwise.
- Business Attire is required. No jeans or sports shoes.
- Cancellations must be made in writing 24 hours prior to the event. No shows will be charged.
- This event is closed to the media.
- The event will be cancelled if the No.8 Typhoon signal or the Black Rain Storm warning is in force.
- By attending this event, you agree to be photographed and/or filmed and give permission to use your likeness in promotional and/or marketing materials.
- For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- All payments for this event need to be settled by credit card through PayPal. Please note you do not need a PayPal account to complete payment.