Bruce Chong, Associate Director (Urban Sustainability), Arup
Tammy Tse, Senior Consultant (Sustainability and Environment), Arup
Justin Cheung, Consultant (Urban Resilience), Arup
Resilience is not limited to planning for physical infrastructure. As businesses and companies become increasingly dependent on urban data and access, intangible assets become just as important as the physical. Climate change, pandemic outbreaks and extreme weather events have placed varying amounts of pressure on the functions of numerous urban systems, from healthcare to high street retail, logistics and supply chains. By looking at the various aspects of business and systems through the lens of asset assessment, it is possible to gain valuable insights into the limitations and flaws of planning and operations.
This webinar will cover three aspects of resilience in business:
- tangible and physical aspects such as infrastructure, building facilities and services;
- intangible aspects including business brand, reputation and data; and
- people aspects.
The panel will assess the approach of resilience for these three aspects, taking into account the inter-connectedness and dependencies, and the domino and multiple effects it has under hazard scenarios.
Details on how to join this webinar will be sent via email within 2 hours of the webinar start time.
About the speakers
Dr. Chong is Arup’s Urban Sustainability team leader, focusing on formulating strategic approaches on resources efficiency, green infrastructure, smart and resilient planning. He is also Arup’s Skills Leader of City Resilience and Sustainable Infrastructure Design in East Asia, working on masterplanning, strategic resources planning and building projects from city, district to community level in Hong Kong, China and Southeast Asia. Bruce is a Cambridge Overseas Scholar and a Research Fellow in the Sydney University. He takes an active role to create values and generate the momentum of change for the industry, an example being the Smart Green Resilient framework which has been adopted by the Hong Kong government.
With a strong background in sustainability management, Tammy is experienced in delivering sustainability frameworks with KPIs and solutions. She is experienced in delivering integrated sustainability development frameworks for masterplanning projects and providing sustainability management solutions in both masterplanning and organisational levels. In recent years, she has been involved in identifying opportunities and key issues in urban sustainability including climate resilience, low/zero carbon, circular economy and smart cities, developing assessment frameworks and methodologies for clients in both public and private sectors.
As part of Arup’s Hong Kong planning group, Justin focuses on smart, resilient and sustainable cities planning and management. He is the East Asia Regional Community Manager for the City Resilience Skills Network and has carried out a number of climate resilience assessments for private developments in Hong Kong and overseas. In recent years, he has been leading to develop resilience assessment tools based on TCFD framework for clients in different sectors, cities and climatic regions. He has also played an active role in urban development and feasibility studies on Smart Green Resilient measures for application in new developments.
- Member: Free of charge
- Non-Member: HK$140
Terms & Conditions
- Reservations in advance are required. Please consider your booking confirmed unless notified otherwise.
- Cancellations must be made in writing 24 hours prior to the event. No shows will be charged.
- This event is closed to the media.
- The event will be cancelled if the No.8 Typhoon signal or the Black Rain Storm warning is in force.
- By attending this event, you agree to be photographed, recorded, and/or filmed and give permission to use your likeness in promotional and/or marketing materials.
- For further information please email email@example.com
- All payments for this event need to be settled by credit card through PayPal. Please note you do not need a PayPal account to complete payment.