Supported by the Logistics Committee
Matthew Leech, Chief Operating Officer, Ports & Terminals Division, DP World
The Chamber is delighted to welcome Matthew Leech on his trip to Hong Kong, where he will be talking about some of the innovation strategies currently being implemented by DP World and Dubai in general. Matthew will cover topics including:
• Hyperloop transportation system that will move cargo at close to the speed of a plane at the cost of a truck.
• Revolutionary automation technologies that could handle containers with only one-third of the normal carbon footprint requirement.
• The role of Digital technology and blockchain in speeding up trade finance, and control of cargo consignments.
• The future of drone technology.
• Different visions of the container trade market in 20 years from now, and the prospects of asset based businesses and asset light businesses.
Join us for an insight into how technology is changing the face of the logistics industry, and how this will impact the supply chains of the future.
About the speaker
Matthew Leech is Chief Operating Officer (COO) for DP World’s Ports & Terminals Division. Prior to this role, Matt was SVP and Managing Director, DP World Americas Region and SVP Global Business Development. Matt has over 25 years’ experience in the finance and container transportation industries. Prior to the acquisition of CSX World Terminals by DP World, Mr. Leech served as Vice President, Operations and Development, where he has led many of CSX WT’s key expansion initiatives.
While at CSX he also held the position of Director, Strategic Planning and Infrastructure Development, where he was responsible for leading the global strategic planning and infrastructure development activities, and the position of Director, Project Analysis for CSX World Terminals. He joined Sea-Land Service in 1995 and held various geographic positions in the Strategic Planning group focusing on network planning, alliance management and business analysis.
- Member: HK$ 450
- Non-Member: HK$ 570
- Y-Network Member: HK$ 360
- Start-up Member: HK$ 360
Terms & Conditions
- Reservations in advance are required. Please consider your booking confirmed unless notified otherwise.
- Business Attire is required. No jeans or sports shoes.
- Cancellations must be made in writing 24 hours prior to the event. No shows will be charged.
- This event is closed to the media.
- The event will be cancelled if the No.8 Typhoon signal or the Black Rain Storm warning is in force.
- By attending this event, you agree to be photographed and/or filmed and give permission to use your likeness in promotional and/or marketing materials.
- For further information please email email@example.com