Building an Olympic-class team, with Kate Richardson-Walsh OBE
In association with
Kate Richardson-Walsh OBE, Captain of GB and England Women’s Hockey and Olympic Gold Medalist
On a Friday night in August 2016 Kate Richardson-Walsh led the GB Womens’ hockey team to Olympic gold in a rapturous final that captivated a screaming British TV audience of 9 million — and proved that true teamwork creates a whole even greater than the sum of the parts.
The team’s success was all the more jubilant because just two years earlier they had finished in a disastrous 11th place at the 2014 World Cup.
From that low captain Kate Richardson-Walsh was instrumental in rebuilding the team, instilling a process of group self-examination that birthed an integrated unit with a clear vision and sense of purpose — and the ethos and resilience to adapt and deliver no matter how circumstances changed.
Kate is a proven leader. She captained the GB Women’s hockey team for 13 years, is the most capped female hockey player in British history, BBC Sports Personality of the Year Award nominee, and was awarded an OBE in 2017.
Aria Forum Wealth Management and the Chamber are looking forward to welcoming Kate at this special event where she will share with you:
- The key components of culture: Vision, Values, Behaviours
- The importance of buy-in to a team vision that everyone feels empowered to drive towards
- Bringing the Vision off the page and into everyday work
- How a team understanding makes it easier to challenge and demand more from yourself and your teammates
- Creating an environment where everyone feels empowered to lead themselves and their teammates through work on awareness of self and others.
- Having a personal growth-mindset approach, and an in-depth knowledge of your ‘Super Strengths’.
- How the ability to be understanding, empathetic and tolerant to those different to ourselves creates an environment where everybody can thrive.
This event will be held at the British Consulate-General and includes a light sandwich lunch.
- Member: HK$ 300
- Non-Member: HK$ 400
- Y-Network Member: HK$ 200
- Start-up Member: HK$ 200
Terms & Conditions
- Reservations in advance are required. Please consider your booking confirmed unless notified otherwise.
- Cancellations must be made in writing 24 hours prior to the event. No shows will be charged.
- This event is closed to the media.
- The event will be cancelled if the No.8 Typhoon signal or the Black Rain Storm warning is in force.
- By attending this event, you agree to be photographed and/or filmed and give permission to use your likeness in promotional and/or marketing materials.
- For further information please email email@example.com
- All payments for this event need to be settled by credit card through PayPal. Please note you do not need a PayPal account to complete payment.