Martin Rimmer, Head of Tax for Select Investors, St. James's Place
We spend years planning our finances for the run up to retirement, but sooner or later the emphasis must shift to planning for life in retirement. This is not just about generating a sustainable level of income after inflation, but about protecting our estates from the effects of Inheritance Tax.
Inheritance Tax is the most punitive tax in the UK and normally applies to your world-wide estate, even whilst you live in Hong Kong. Yet, at the same time, it is often described as a voluntary tax. We don’t disagree.
Join Martin Rimmer, Head of Tax for Select Investors, to find out why, as he unpacks and simplifies this subject, and gives you his recommendations for your own succession planning.
About the speaker
With nearly 20 years of experience dealing with International Private Clients including Britons living abroad, Martin Rimmer is skilled at expressing his advanced technical knowledge in understandable terms, building relationships with clients and gaining their trust. Martin regularly delivers tax workshops and seminars, and provides technical updates and briefing notes, for a diverse range of clients. He is a prominent figure in the international business community and is regarded as the Trusted Tax Adviser to a large number of clients in Asia.
This event is hosted by Andrew Seaton.
Ticket includes a 3-course meal and one drink.
Please note that Business Attire is required by the Hong Kong Club - collared shirts must be worn by men, and jeans, sandals and sports shoes are not permitted. To see the full list of club rules on dresscode, please click here.
- Member: HK$ 270
- Non-Member: HK$ 350
Terms & Conditions
- Reservations in advance are required. Please consider your booking confirmed unless notified otherwise.
- Business Attire is required by the Hong Kong Club. No jeans or sports shoes.
- Cancellations must be made in writing 24 hours prior to the event. No shows will be charged.
- This event is closed to the media.
- The event will be cancelled if the No.8 Typhoon signal or the Black Rain Storm warning is in force.
- By attending this event, you agree to be photographed and/or filmed and give permission to use your likeness in promotional and/or marketing materials.
- For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- All payments for this event need to be settled by credit card through PayPal. Please note you do not need a PayPal account to complete payment.