SUPPORT FOR UK BUSINESSES
There are a number of ways in which The British Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong can support UK businesses that are looking to enter the market here in Hong Kong. Most of our services you are able to find on this website and are listed below:
- Initial market advice provided for UK companies
- Listing of business services that can assist SMEs with setting up in Hong Kong
- Opportunities to offer products and services as event prizes
- Membership directory listing all our member companies
- Local business networking events in Hong Kong
- Baker Tilly Business Angel Programme connecting investors to start-ups
- Job vacancy section on our website
UK businesses also have the option of joining the Chamber under the Overseas Membership Category (only HK$5,000 annually) and receiving an extended range of services, listed below:
- The opportunity to submit articles for our bi-monthly magazine, ‘Britain in Hong Kong’, which has an estimated readership of 15,000
- The opportunity to deliver a briefing or workshop to our Chamber network during any visit to Hong Kong
- A listing in our membership directory in hardcopy and online
- The opportunity to attend one of our committee meetings during any visit to Hong Kong to build your network with industry leaders and understand more about key issues for the industry
- Introductions to other member companies in the Chamber
- Advice with a programme outline for visits to Hong Kong
- Access to exclusive offers provided by businesses assisting SMEs with setting up in Hong Kong
Further to the support that we can provide, there are a number of our partner organisations in the UK that can also offer assistance:
Invest Hong Kong, The Hong Kong Economic and Trade Office, London
Invest HK offers UK businesses a number of services to assist with setting up in HK, including providing information on the business environment, visa applications and schooling etc.
The Hong Kong Trade and Development Council, London
HKTDC run over 30 world-class trade fairs each year and provide a number of other services, including business matching to help companies find HK business partners and product magazines etc.
Leeds City Region China Business Club
“The China Business Club” is a platform for the exchange of ideas, experience and expertise with regards to doing business with China. The China Club brings together all of the knowledge of China that resides in Leeds City Region and supports those firms dealing with China.
Export Britain is an online resource from The British Chambers of Commerce in the UK designed to help UK companies start and grow their export business. It provides information on support services, opportunities in high-growth markets and upcoming events and trade missions.
Open to Export
Open to Export is the online community for UK companies looking to grow internationally. It brings together experts from across the private sector and government agencies to help small and medium sized UK businesses successfully enter international markets.
UK Trade & Investment
UKTI provides a free business opportunities alert service, whereby companies can receive email notifications of business opportunities that have arisen in their sector.
Expanding into China
If you are interested in establishing a base in HK and then expanding your operations into China, a number of our partner organisations in China that can offer further support:
British Chambers of Commerce
- The British Chamber of Commerce in Guangdong
- The British Chamber of Commerce in South West China
- The British Business Association in Macau
- The British Chamber of Commerce in Shanghai
- The British Chamber of Commerce in China (Beijing)
As member of The British Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong, you will receive reciprocal member rates for events held by British Chambers in China.
The China-Britain Business Council
If you are interested in finding out more then please click here.
The China-Council for the Promotion of International Trade
If you are interested in finding out more about China-related events that our China Committee organise for members based in HK then please click here.