26 May 2021
Matthew Durham, Registered Foreign Lawyer, Gall
Vaccines and the Workplace – What do Employers Need to Consider?
The Hong Kong Government recently opened the Covid-19 vaccination programme up to all adults over the age of 16 with the aim of safeguarding public health and helping to allow further easing of restrictions and a gradual return to normal life and activities.
The vaccination programme raises important and unprecedented questions for employers, however, in terms of protecting their personnel, workplaces and businesses. Can (or should) an employer require an employee to have a vaccination?
Registered Foreign Lawyer Matthew Durham from dispute resolution firm Gall will provide his insights on how employers can approach this sensitive topic so that they are aware of specific legal issues as well as potential concerns individuals may have.
Details on how to join will be sent via email by 5pm the day before the webinar.
About the speaker
Matthew joined Gall’s Employment practice as an England and Wales qualified Registered Foreign Lawyer in January 2021 and is an experienced employment lawyer specialising in employment matters. He is known in the market for advising multi-national companies on the full range of employment issues relating to hiring and separating, employment contracts, handbooks and policies, international secondments, transactions and restructurings, labour unions, stock options and incentive schemes, social insurance and welfare schemes, employee fraud, and restrictive covenants.
Matthew also advises employees and individuals on a wide variety of employer-facing issues, including contracts and terms, conduct issues, whistleblowing and separations. He also handles contentious matters such as labour disputes, investigations, director and executive liability, and sexual harassment issues.
- Member: HK$140
- Non-Member: HK$250
Terms & Conditions
- Reservations in advance are required. Please consider your booking confirmed unless notified otherwise.
- Cancellations must be made in writing 24 hours prior to the event. No shows will be charged.
- This event is closed to the media.
- The event will be cancelled if the No.8 Typhoon signal or the Black Rain Storm warning is in force.
- By attending this event, you agree to be photographed, recorded, and/or filmed and give permission to use your likeness in promotional and/or marketing materials.
- For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- All payments for this event need to be settled by credit card through PayPal. Please note you do not need a PayPal account to complete payment.