Supported by the Healthcare Committee
Dr. Keith Hariman, Specialist in Psychiatry at OT&P Healthcare
Navigating the Mental Health System in Hong Kong
The public healthcare system in Hong Kong can be rather difficult to navigate, especially with the long waiting times and the difficult booking process. In this evening session, Dr Keith Hariman, Specialist in Psychiatry and former Chair of the Hong Kong College of Psychiatrists Young Fellow's Committee, will share about his experiences at the public healthcare system in Hong Kong, how to navigate through the process, some basic facts about what's available, and what other resources are available for mental health support.
Dr. Keith Hariman is a specialist in psychiatry, currently working at OT&P MindWorX. He started his medical school career at Imperial College, London. After obtaining a BSc (Honours) degree, he completed his clinical training at the Chinese University of Hong Kong. He trained at Castle Peak Hospital, the mental health institute in Hong Kong with the longest history, and Queen Mary Hospital, where he has worked in various fields of psychiatry, including general adult psychiatry, child and adolescent psychiatry and substance abuse team. He is also appointed an Honorary clinical tutor in psychiatry at the University of Hong Kong. He is a Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists in the United Kingdom and a Fellow of the Hong Kong College of Psychiatrists and the Hong Kong Academy of Medicine.
He has a particular research interest on the use of technology in psychiatry, including the effects of social media on mental health and the promotion of functional recovery for patients with mental illness. He has contributed to research in local and international journals and has also written chapters for textbooks published by Oxford University Press.
He also holds a Master of Public Health from the University of Hong Kong and a Master of Business Administration from the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology.
During the course of his training, and currently in private practice, he has seen many cases of teenagers presenting with acts of deliberate self-harm or harboring suicidal ideation, and has collaborated with many different psychologists and school counselors to formulate a comprehensive management plan for his clients.
- Member: HK$350
Terms & Conditions
- Reservations in advance are required. Please consider your booking confirmed unless notified otherwise.
- Cancellations must be made in writing 24 hours prior to the event. No shows will be charged.
- This event is closed to the media.
- The event will be cancelled if the No.8 Typhoon signal or the Black Rain Storm warning is in force.
- By attending this event, you agree to be photographed, recorded, and/or filmed and give permission to use your likeness in promotional and/or marketing materials.
- For further information please email [email protected]
- All payments for this event need to be settled by credit card through PayPal. Please note you do not need a PayPal account to complete payment.