In Conversation with Ashley Alder, SBS, JP
We are delighted to welcome Ashley Alder, the Chief Executive Officer of the Securities and Futures Commission (SFC). Join us to hear from Ashley in a fireside with the Chamber’s Executive Director, David Graham, where they will discuss a range of topics including Hong Kong as an international finance centre, sustainability and climate finance, and the work of the International Organization of Securities Commissions (IOSCO).
Ashley was first appointed as Chief Executive Officer of the SFC in October 2011. Ashley was Chair of the Board of the IOSCO from May 2016 to October 2022 and in January 2023 will take up a new role as Chair of the Financial Conduct Authority in the UK.
Ashley was previously Chair of the IOSCO Asia-Pacific Regional Committee and Vice Chair of the IOSCO Board. As Chair of the IOSCO Board, Ashley was also a member of the Financial Stability Board’s Steering Committee and Plenary.
Ashley started his career as a lawyer in London in 1984. He moved to Hong Kong in 1989 with the international law firm Herbert Smith, practicing corporate and business law. He was Executive Director of Corporate Finance at the SFC from 2001 to 2004, before returning to Herbert Smith, where he became head of the firm’s Asia Region.
This event is hosted by David Graham. Please note that walk-ins are not allowed to this event.
Ticket includes a 3-course meal and wine.
note that Business Attire is required by the Hong Kong Club - collared shirts
must be worn by men, and jeans, sandals and sports shoes are not permitted. To
see the full list of club rules on dresscode, please click here.
Kindly be reminded that all patrons must meet the Government’s Vaccine Pass regulations which include scanning the LeaveHomeSafe app and vaccination record upon arrival at the Club and once more at the dining venue.
And starting from Tuesday, 31st May 2022, the third stage of the Vaccine Pass will be implemented and requirement for entry to the Club will be raised to three doses of vaccine. You are highly recommended to input all the necessary information into your mobile device prior to entering the Club in order to facilitate the registration process.
All patrons must present photo of a negative rapid antigen test (RAT) result obtained within 24 hours before entering the Function Rooms. Your name, day and time of taking the RAT shall be indicated on the RAT testing kit.
Terms & Conditions
- Reservations in advance are required. Please consider your booking confirmed unless notified otherwise.
- Cancellations must be made in writing 24 hours prior to the event. No shows will be charged.
- This event is closed to the media.
- The event will be cancelled if the No.8 Typhoon signal or the Black Rain Storm warning is in force.
- By attending this event, you agree to be photographed, recorded, and/or filmed and give permission to use your likeness in promotional and/or marketing materials.
- For further information please email [email protected]
- All payments for this event need to be settled by credit card through PayPal. Please note you do not need a PayPal account to complete payment.