Kenix Yuen, Partner, Gall
Adrian Li, Associate, Gall
Hong Kong Court Judgments on Financial Mis-selling Claims
Financial mis-selling became a hot topic after the Lehman Minibond crisis in 2008 and made its way to the SFC "watchlist". Regulators have made multiple efforts to combat such conduct. However, what are the chances of getting your money back?
In this webinar, Partner Kenix Yuen and Associate Adrian Li from dispute resolution firm Gall will give an update on recent Hong Kong judgments for financial mis-selling claims and will provide a general overview of how Hong Kong Courts have decided on these types of cases.
About the speakers
Kenix qualified as a solicitor in Hong Kong in October 2012 and specialises in cross border commercial litigation and international arbitrations (in particular, involving element(s) of the People’s Republic of China (“PRC”) covering contractual disputes, shareholders’ disputes, directors’ duties, fraud and asset tracing, misrepresentation and mis-selling claims. She also has experience in advising on regulatory investigations conducted by the Securities and Futures Commission and a regulatory inquiry from the Insurance Agents Registration Board.
Adrian Li joined Gall’s Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution practice in January 2022. He maintains a broad dispute resolution practice and has handled multiple disputes including injunctions, legal proceedings and arbitration concerning different jurisdictions which involved Global Fortune 500 brands, local and internationally listed companies and SOEs. He has participated in a wide range of commercial disputes including shareholders’ / directors’ disputes, investment disputes, international email fraud, debt recovery, local and cross-border enforcement. He has also assisted in regulatory investigations, highly contentious matrimonial cases, trust matters, and real estate proceedings.
Adrian graduated from Winchester College and the University of Bristol. Thereafter, he achieved distinction in his Master of Laws degree in International Economic Law before obtaining his PCLL. He qualified as a Solicitor in the Hong Kong S.A.R. in 2019.
Details on how to join will be sent via email by 5pm the day before the webinar.
Terms & Conditions
- Reservations in advance are required. Please consider your booking confirmed unless notified otherwise.
- Cancellations must be made in writing 24 hours prior to the event. No shows will be charged.
- This event is closed to the media.
- The event will be cancelled if the No.8 Typhoon signal or the Black Rain Storm warning is in force.
- By attending this event, you agree to be photographed, recorded, and/or filmed and give permission to use your likeness in promotional and/or marketing materials.
- For further information please email [email protected]
- All payments for this event need to be settled by credit card through PayPal. Please note you do not need a PayPal account to complete payment.