Paul Haswell, Technology Partner, Seyfarth Shaw
Into The Metaverse
The metaverse has been touted as the next evolution of our online lives, transforming the way we live, work, socialise and communicate. Facebook has invested heavily in the metaverse and the likes of Gucci, Disney, Warner Bros. and even Snoop Dogg have built a presence and bought real estate in the metaverse.
But what actually is the metaverse? How can you be part of it, and is it the revolution that it is being hyped up to be? During this webinar, Paul Haswell, technology partner at Seyfarth Shaw will explain the origins of the metaverse, what it is, the legal and practical ramifications of it and whether we’ll all soon be living in a virtual world.
About the speaker
Paul is head of the TMT practice, and specialises in technology (including telecoms and data protection) and advises clients on both non-contentious issues and disputes. Paul's expertise is international in scope, and he has assisted clients on large scale IT and telecommunications matters in the UK, China, Singapore, Japan, Hong Kong and Europe.
Paul is a regular speaker on technology matters, most recently advising organisations what to do if they suspect they have been the victim of a data breach, and often quoted in the press for his views on legal developments in the technology sphere. He lectures regularly in Asia, including on the topics of restrictive covenants, cyber security cloud computing, data protection and social media.
He has extensive experience of advising in relation to commercial contracts, outsourcing arrangements, complex IT and telecoms projects and the disputes that can arise from these. Paul ensures he is active, not just with the legal aspects of a project, but with the technical considerations too, working closely with all involved in a project. He is respected by his clients for his ability to provide coherent and commercial advice and for being "unflappable" in the face of often complex issues.
- Member: HK$140
- Non-Member: HK$250
Details on how to join will be sent via email by 5pm the day before the webinar.
Terms & Conditions
- Reservations in advance are required. Please consider your booking confirmed unless notified otherwise.
- Cancellations must be made in writing 24 hours prior to the event. No shows will be charged.
- This event is closed to the media.
- The event will be cancelled if the No.8 Typhoon signal or the Black Rain Storm warning is in force.
- By attending this event, you agree to be photographed, recorded, and/or filmed and give permission to use your likeness in promotional and/or marketing materials.
- For further information please email [email protected]
- All payments for this event need to be settled by credit card through PayPal. Please note you do not need a PayPal account to complete payment.