Stephanie Chan, Senior Tax Manager, Sovereign Wealth; Principal Partner Practice, St. James’s Place Wealth Management
Key Principles of UK Domicile
Your domicile determines your exposure to UK inheritance tax and forms the groundwork in any succession and estate planning. Regardless of where you live, were born or did, if you are ‘domiciled’, in the UK, your global estate is within reach of UK Inheritance Tax.
Join Stephanie Chan, Senior Tax Manager at Sovereign Wealth, a Partner Practice of St. James’s Place (Hong Kong), as she goes through some real case studies of those who have successfully (and unsuccessfully) used their domicile position to their benefit in UK inheritance tax planning. Learn how it works, what the different types of domicile are and, crucially, how to use it to your advantage.
About the speaker
Stephanie is Senior Tax Manager at Sovereign Wealth Hong Kong where she is responsible for providing UK taxation advice to International Private Clients in the Asia Pacific region. She works closely with the Wealth Management team in delivering essential tax planning advice to clients and also actively presents tax-led forums and seminars.
She started her career with Deloitte in London where she specialised in expatriate taxation under the Global Employer Services division. During her time with Deloitte, she provided advisory services to various teams including expatriates from multinational companies. Stephanie relocated to Hong Kong in 2017 and has since been specialising in providing high level tax advice to International Private Clients, including Britons living abroad and foreigners moving to the UK.
Stephanie has a degree in Mathematics with Finance and Accounting from Queen Mary’s University of London. She acquired the ATT qualification (Association of Taxation Technicians) in the UK, and the CTA qualification (Chartered Tax Advisor) from the Chartered Institute of Taxation while based in Hong Kong.
- Member: HK$140
- Non-Member: HK$250
Details on how to join will be sent via email by 5pm the day before the webinar.
Terms & Conditions
- Reservations in advance are required. Please consider your booking confirmed unless notified otherwise.
- Cancellations must be made in writing 24 hours prior to the event. No shows will be charged.
- This event is closed to the media.
- The event will be cancelled if the No.8 Typhoon signal or the Black Rain Storm warning is in force.
- By attending this event, you agree to be photographed, recorded, and/or filmed and give permission to use your likeness in promotional and/or marketing materials.
- For further information please email [email protected]
- All payments for this event need to be settled by credit card through PayPal. Please note you do not need a PayPal account to complete payment.