Frederic Neumann, Managing Director and co-head of Asian Economics, HSBC
Martyn van Wensveen, Financial Services Advisory Partner, EY
Economic Outlook Asia-Pacific: The Comeback Year?
Economic conditions for Asia-Pacific are more uncertain than ever. Covid, supply chain constraints, energy disruptions and central bank policies are just a few examples shaping the economic landscape in Asia. What will be the combined impact of these and other forces on the economies in Asia? Which trends are critical, to shape your own forecast for the coming year?
During this webinar, we will look at the economic year ahead with Frederic Neumann, Managing Director and co-head of Asian Economics at HSBC in Hong Kong. Frederic has over 20 years experience in the region - focusing on both politics and economics - and is passionate about trends that are shaping Asia. Moderating the discussion is Martyn van Wensveen, Financial Services Advisory Partner at EY Hong Kong and member of the DutchCham Finance Committee.
About the speakers
Frederic Neumann, PhD, is Managing Director, Co-Head of Global Research Asia and Co-Head of Asian Economic Research, based in Hong Kong. Before joining HSBC, Frederic was an adjunct professor at a number of US universities, including Johns Hopkins University, teaching graduate courses on Asian sovereign risk analysis, financial markets, monetary policy, and Southeast Asian political culture. He also served as a consultant to international organizations and governments, and as a research associate of the Institute for International Economics in Washington, DC. A former Fulbright scholar, Frederic holds a PhD in International Economics and Asian Studies.
Martyn is a Partner in EY Hong Kong’s Financial Services Business Consulting practice, serving financial sector clients in the Greater China market and wider APAC area.
Martyn has gained over 25 years of hands-on consulting experience on more than 100 client projects in Asia, Europe, Africa and South America.
- Member: HK$50
- Non-Member: HK$100
Details on how to join will be sent via email by 5pm the day before the webinar.
Terms & Conditions
- Reservations in advance are required. Please consider your booking confirmed unless notified otherwise.
- Cancellations must be made in writing 24 hours prior to the event. No shows will be charged.
- This event is closed to the media.
- The event will be cancelled if the No.8 Typhoon signal or the Black Rain Storm warning is in force.
- By attending this event, you agree to be photographed, recorded, and/or filmed and give permission to use your likeness in promotional and/or marketing materials.
- For further information please email [email protected]
- All payments for this event need to be settled by credit card through PayPal. Please note you do not need a PayPal account to complete payment.