Andrew Work, Executive Director, Self Storage Association Asia
China’s New Digital Currency: An Insight
China’s new digital currency is being implemented in many parts of China and will soon achieve nationwide distribution and usage for small transactions - to start with. This new currency will give the People’s Bank of China and, by extension, the Chinese Communist Party, almost unlimited visibility into the financial lives of its citizens and companies.
Already well advanced, the PBOC's answer to SWIFT, the CIPS platform, is spreading across Asia and Europe. Combined with the e-RMB’s visibility and control features, it could be the trusted channel for the PBOC to allow the RMB to circulate more freely beyond China’s borders. The RMB and e-RMB could become far more commonly used as an international currency, displacing the use of the Euro and, maybe someday, the USD.
Andrew Work's latest report on this powerful combination of a Central Bank Digital Currency and China's answer to helping nations avoid American sanctions was released in December 2021 and is making waves. He will answer your questions and explain how the world of money and power is about to change forever.
About the speaker
Andrew Work is the Executive Director of the Self Storage Association Asia. The SSAA's core membership comprises operators, suppliers and investors in the alternative real estate class of self storage and valet storage. This membership stretches from Japan to Indonesia in the east to Jordan and Dubai on its western bounds and it welcomes members from around the world. Webinars, an online library of relevant educational resources, an Annual Survey of Operators, direct networking and a legendary annual Expo are all part of how members connect, learn and grow. Andrew is also a co-founder of The Lion Rock Institute (est 2004) and Harbour Times (est 2013, sold 2021). He is the former Executive Director of The Canadian Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong (2007-2012) and currently sits on the Real Estate Committee of that Chamber. These roles have seen him engage in a wide range of policy issues pertaining to Hong Kong governance and business.
- Member: HK$140
- Non-Member: HK$250
Details on how to join will be sent via email by 5pm the day before the webinar.
Terms & Conditions
- Reservations in advance are required. Please consider your booking confirmed unless notified otherwise.
- Cancellations must be made in writing 24 hours prior to the event. No shows will be charged.
- This event is closed to the media.
- The event will be cancelled if the No.8 Typhoon signal or the Black Rain Storm warning is in force.
- By attending this event, you agree to be photographed, recorded, and/or filmed and give permission to use your likeness in promotional and/or marketing materials.
- For further information please email [email protected]
- All payments for this event need to be settled by credit card through PayPal. Please note you do not need a PayPal account to complete payment.