Dr. Tommy Wu, Lead Economist, Oxford Economics
2022 Economic Outlook
Economic recoveries from the pandemic are likely to continue globally. However, rising commodity prices and supply side constraints put pressure on inflation. Moreover, China faces a real estate downturn, while new outbreaks amid a very low tolerance to Covid continue to dampen the consumption recovery.
During this webinar, Dr. Tommy Wu, Lead Economist at Oxford Economics will address the following:
- When will global supply side constraints and inflation pressure ease and what does this mean for global growth and monetary policy? What does that mean for Hong Kong?
- Will China be able to continue to grow robustly? Will China transition from a very low tolerance to Covid-19 to a containment strategy in 2022, and what does this mean for China and Hong Kong?
- How will US-China relations evolve and what are the implications for the region, including Hong Kong?
About the speaker
Dr. Tommy Wu is a Lead Economist at Oxford Economics. Tommy covers macroeconomic research and forecasting on the Asia-Pacific region, and specializes on China and Hong Kong. Prior to joining Oxford Economics, Tommy was an economist at the Research Department in Hong Kong Monetary Authority, conducting macroeconomic and financial surveillance on the Asia-Pacific region. Tommy is a frequent contributor to the international media, including Bloomberg News, Financial Times, CNN and BBC. Tommy also actively participates in professional activities and has been invited as a keynote speaker and panelist at various events. Tommy holds a PhD in Economics from Queen’s University, Canada.
- Member: HK$140
- Non-Member: HK$250
Details on how to join will be sent via email by 5pm the day before the webinar.
Terms & Conditions
- Reservations in advance are required. Please consider your booking confirmed unless notified otherwise.
- Cancellations must be made in writing 24 hours prior to the event. No shows will be charged.
- This event is closed to the media.
- The event will be cancelled if the No.8 Typhoon signal or the Black Rain Storm warning is in force.
- By attending this event, you agree to be photographed, recorded, and/or filmed and give permission to use your likeness in promotional and/or marketing materials.
- For further information please email [email protected]
- All payments for this event need to be settled by credit card through PayPal. Please note you do not need a PayPal account to complete payment.