Stephen Phillips, Director-General of Investment Promotion, Invest Hong Kong, The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
InvestHK: Business Update and Policy Address 2021
The Chief Executive delivered the 2021 Policy Address on 6 October which addressed in part Hong Kong’s business environment. Join us to hear from Mr. Stephen Phillips, Director-General of Investment Promotion, Invest Hong Kong on the policy address with a closer look at Hong Kong’s unlimited growth opportunities in the 14th Five-Year-Plan, Greater Bay Area, and Qianhai Shenzhen-Hong Kong Zone.
About the speaker
Mr Stephen Phillips is the Director-General of Investment Promotion at Invest Hong Kong (InvestHK), the Government Department responsible for attracting and facilitating foreign direct investment into Hong Kong.
Mr Phillips has served in senior positions in a number of private and public organisations. He lived and worked in Hong Kong from 1989 to 2004 holding senior investment banking positions with Deutsche and BZW/Barclays Capital before co-founding a Hong Kong-based group of companies providing IT, financial and consultancy services across Asia. In 2004, Mr Phillips joined UK Trade & Investment (now the UK’s Department of International Trade) before becoming the Chief Executive of the China Britain Business Council in 2006, as well as Chairman of the EU China Business Association.
Mr Phillips holds a BSc in Chemistry and Law from the University of Exeter.
This event is hosted by David Graham.
Ticket includes a full hot English breakfast buffet.
note that Business Attire is required by the Hong Kong Club - collared shirts
must be worn by men, and jeans, sandals and sports shoes are not permitted. To
see the full list of club rules on dresscode, please click here.
Please note that Hong Kong Club will require guests to be fully vaccinated 14 days prior and proof of vaccination.
Please ensure that you have the vaccination record on hand in either digital or printed form so that you can scan the QR code which is required by the Government when entering the venue.
Guests who are not in possession of the necessary vaccination documents will not be able to enter the venue.
- Member: HK$480
- Start-up Member:
Terms & Conditions
- Reservations in advance are required. Please consider your booking confirmed unless notified otherwise.
- Cancellations must be made in writing 24 hours prior to the event. No shows will be charged.
- This event is closed to the media.
- The event will be cancelled if the No.8 Typhoon signal or the Black Rain Storm warning is in force.
- By attending this event, you agree to be photographed, recorded, and/or filmed and give permission to use your likeness in promotional and/or marketing materials.
- For further information please email [email protected]
- All payments for this event need to be settled by credit card through PayPal. Please note you do not need a PayPal account to complete payment.