Ashley Alder, Chief Executive Officer, The Securities and Futures Commission (SFC) of Hong Kong
We are delighted to welcome Ashley Alder, the Chief Executive Officer of the Securities and Futures Commission (SFC). Join us to hear from Ashley in a fireside with the Chamber’s Executive Director, David Graham, where they will discuss a range of topics including Hong Kong as an international finance centre, sustainability and climate finance, and the work of the International Organization of Securities Commissions (IOSCO).
Ashley was appointed as Chief Executive Officer of the SFC in October 2011. In May 2016, Ashley was elected as Chair of the Board of the IOSCO, and was re-elected for a further two-year term in June 2020.
Ashley was previously Chair of the IOSCO Asia-Pacific Regional Committee and Vice Chair of the IOSCO Board. Ashley has represented IOSCO as a member of the Financial Stability Board Steering Committee and Plenary since his election as IOSCO Board Chair.
Ashley started his career as a lawyer in London in 1984. He moved to Hong Kong in 1989 with the international law firm Herbert Smith, practicing corporate and business law. He was Executive Director of Corporate Finance at the SFC from 2001 to 2004, before returning to Herbert Smith, where he became head of the firm’s Asia region.
About the moderator
David is the Executive Director of the Chamber and is responsible for the Chamber’s overall management, its financial status and staff. David has over 30 years of experience in legal and financial services.
This event is hosted by David Graham.
Ticket includes a full hot English breakfast buffet.
Please note that Business Attire is required by the Hong Kong Club - collared shirts must be worn by men, and jeans, sandals and sports shoes are not permitted. To see the full list of club rules on dresscode, please click here.
Please note that Hong Kong Club will require guests to be fully vaccinated 14 days prior and proof of vaccination.
Please ensure that you have the vaccination record on hand in either digital or printed form so that you can scan the QR code which is required by the Government when entering the venue.
Guests who are not in possession of the necessary vaccination documents will not be able to enter the venue.
- Member: HK$480
- Non-Member: HK$600
- Y-Network Member: HK$380
- Start-up Member: HK$380
Terms & Conditions
- Reservations in advance are required. Please consider your booking confirmed unless notified otherwise.
- Cancellations must be made in writing 24 hours prior to the event. No shows will be charged.
- This event is closed to the media.
- The event will be cancelled if the No.8 Typhoon signal or the Black Rain Storm warning is in force.
- By attending this event, you agree to be photographed, recorded, and/or filmed and give permission to use your likeness in promotional and/or marketing materials.
- For further information please email [email protected]
- All payments for this event need to be settled by credit card through PayPal. Please note you do not need a PayPal account to complete payment.