Ms Ada CHUNG Lai-ling, Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data
Measures to Combat Doxxing
In light of the prevalence of doxxing acts in Hong Kong, the Hong Kong Government has enforced new changes to its data privacy law and the Personal Data (Privacy) (Amendment) Ordinance 2021 (Amendment Ordinance) came into effect recently to tackle these acts. The acts of doxxing very often are done via internet platforms.
At this event, the Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data, Ms Ada CHUNG Lai-ling, will be joining us to explain the Amendment Ordinance to combat doxxing, including:
- creating specific doxxing offences;
- empowering the Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data (Privacy Commissioner) to carry out criminal investigations and institute prosecutions; and
- conferring statutory powers on the Privacy Commissioner to direct the removal of doxxing messages.
Ada will also explain what the amendments mean for businesses operating in Hong Kong.
Join us to hear first-hand from Ada and to enhance your understanding on the latest data privacy laws.
About the speaker
Ms Ada CHUNG Lai-ling was appointed as the Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data in September 2020.
Ms Chung was qualified as a barrister-at-law and a Certified Public Accountant. She has solid legal expertise and abundant administrative experience. Before her appointment as the Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data, Ms Chung was the Registrar of Companies and had held various posts in the Department of Justice, including the Deputy Law Officer (Civil Law). In her role as the Registrar of Companies, she contributed significantly to the rewrite of the Companies Ordinance and she spearheaded the implementation of the new Companies Ordinance in Hong Kong.
This event is hosted by David Graham.
Ticket includes a full hot English breakfast buffet.
note that Business Attire is required by the Hong Kong Club - collared shirts
must be worn by men, and jeans, sandals and sports shoes are not permitted. To
see the full list of club rules on dresscode, please click here.
Please note that Hong Kong Club will require guests to be fully vaccinated 14 days prior and proof of vaccination.
Please ensure that you have the vaccination record on hand in either digital or printed form so that you can scan the QR code which is required by the Government when entering the venue.
Guests who are not in possession of the necessary vaccination documents will not be able to enter the venue.
- Member: HK$480
- Start-up Member:
Terms & Conditions
- Reservations in advance are required. Please consider your booking confirmed unless notified otherwise.
- Cancellations must be made in writing 24 hours prior to the event. No shows will be charged.
- This event is closed to the media.
- The event will be cancelled if the No.8 Typhoon signal or the Black Rain Storm warning is in force.
- By attending this event, you agree to be photographed, recorded, and/or filmed and give permission to use your likeness in promotional and/or marketing materials.
- For further information please email [email protected]
- All payments for this event need to be settled by credit card through PayPal. Please note you do not need a PayPal account to complete payment.