Hong Kong Business Outlook
The Chief Executive will deliver the 2021 Policy Address on 6 October. Where does it put Hong Kong's economy in the year to come and beyond? How has the Hong Kong economy performed over the past year and what does that mean for trade and investment in the region? Join us for an exclusive dialogue with Mr Edward Yau, Secretary for Commerce and Economic Development, Hong Kong SAR Government.
Mr Yau assumed the post of the Secretary for Commerce and Economic Development on July 1, 2017. His portfolio covers policy areas from trade, commerce to telecommunications and broadcasting, and from promotion of creative industries, intellectual property and consumer protection to boosting inward investment and tourism development.
Mr Yau has his full career in the public service. Before taking up the current post, Mr Yau was the Director of the Chief Executive's Office from 2012 to 2017, assisting the Chief Executive in formulating policies and setting policy goals and priorities. He was the Secretary for the Environment from 2007 to 2012, overseeing policies on environmental protection, energy, nature conservation and sustainable development.
Mr Yau started his civil service career as an Administrative Officer in 1981. During his long service as a civil servant, he held various positions, including Director of Information Services, Deputy Secretary for Education and Manpower, Deputy Director-General of Trade and Industry as well as Director-General of the Hong Kong Economic and Trade Office in Washington, DC, USA.
Mr Yau graduated from the University of Hong Kong. He received further education at Oxford University and at Harvard University.
This event is hosted by David Graham.
Ticket includes a full hot English breakfast buffet.
note that Business Attire is required by the Hong Kong Club - collared shirts
must be worn by men, and jeans, sandals and sports shoes are not permitted. To
see the full list of club rules on dresscode, please click here.
Please note that Hong Kong Club will require guests fully vaccinated 14 days prior and proof of vaccination.
To avoid any embarrassment, please ensure that you have the vaccination record on hand in either digital or printed form so that can scan the QR code by the government mandated record system when entering 1/F.
Guests who are not in possession of the necessary vaccination documents will not be able to enter the Club.
Member: HK$ 480
Non-Member: HK$ 600
Y-Network Member: HK$ 380
Start-up Member: HK$ 380
Terms & Conditions
- Reservations in advance are required. Please consider your booking confirmed unless notified otherwise.
- Cancellations must be made in writing 24 hours prior to the event. No shows will be charged.
- This event is closed to the media.
- The event will be cancelled if the No.8 Typhoon signal or the Black Rain Storm warning is in force.
- By attending this event, you agree to be photographed, recorded, and/or filmed and give permission to use your likeness in promotional and/or marketing materials.
- For further information please email [email protected]
- All payments for this event need to be settled by credit card through PayPal. Please note you do not need a PayPal account to complete payment.