11 November 2021
This is a hybrid event. Please note that this registration page is for virtual attendance only. If you want to register your attendance in person, please click here.
SMARTER HEALTHCARE FOR THE FUTURE
The global battle against COVID-19 has focused decades of cumulative scientific and technological progress to fundamentally change how we will now approach healthcare delivery. The crisis has accelerated the speed of and application of innovation to healthcare. As policymakers and companies address the future, there are key opportunities for Hong Kong’s healthcare sector as it eventually becomes more integrated with the GBA.
• Can Hong Kong lead the GBA in defining the digital health strategy for the region?
• Can the healthcare system evolve with patient-centric, sustainable and accessible digital health solutions?
• How will regulatory hurdles be overcome to both adapt to current innovations, and foster future progress and integration?
• How will the public and private sectors collaborate in this new and rapidly evolving environment?
In November 2020, following a request from the Chief Executive of the HKSAR, Carrie Lam, the Healthcare Committee of the British Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong produced a briefing document entitled “Digital Health for Hong Kong and the Greater Bay Area”. This analysed in some detail the WHO’s digital health strategy; international experience in digital health across a number of jurisdictions; and the current position in Hong Kong, before going on to set out recommendations, both in terms of quick wins and a longer-term strategy.
As such, the Chamber will be hosting a half-day symposium in an effort to take the next steps to publicise, provide insight and broaden awareness of the Digital Health paper produced by the Health Committee. This event proposes to highlight Hong Kong’s digital health strategy, take stock of the progress, and discuss some of the challenges of implementation.
Click here to learn more.
We will continue to provide updates as the arrangements are finalised. In the meantime, if you are interested to become a sponsor for this Symposium, please email [email protected].
- Member (early bird): HK$195
- Non-Member: HK$390
Terms & Conditions
- Reservations in advance are required. Please consider your booking confirmed unless notified otherwise.
- Cancellations must be made in writing 24 hours prior to the event. No shows will be charged.
- This event is closed to the media.
- The event will be cancelled if the No.8 Typhoon signal or the Black Rain Storm warning is in force.
- By attending this event, you agree to be photographed, recorded, and/or filmed and give permission to use your likeness in promotional and/or marketing materials.
- For further information please email [email protected]
- All payments for this event need to be settled by credit card through PayPal. Please note you do not need a PayPal account to complete payment.