31 August 2021
Part of the Inspirational Women Series
Supported by the Women in Business Committee
As part of the Inspirational Women Series, The Chamber is delighted to host Nissa Peng Cornish, the Executive Director of environmental NGO Redress, whose mission is to prevent and transform textile waste and catalyse a circular fashion economy. Prior to this role she headed up production for the Redress Design Award, as its Events Director.
Before joining Redress, Nissa held positions including Editor in Chief at Ecozine, an award-winning sustainable lifestyle magazine, and Event Director at the Hong Kong Cleanup, an NGO focused on waste reduction.
Join us to hear from Nissa who believes in the positive potential of fashion, and that everyone – consumers, brands, policy-makers – needs to play a role if we want to see real change for the better.
About the moderator
Rachel is a Managing Director and General Counsel for Asia Pacific. She is based in Hong Kong.
She joined Barclays in 2004 as Head of Legal, Hong Kong. In 2011, her remit expanded to include North Asia, and, in 2013 she was appointed Head of Markets Legal, Asia Pacific. In October 2013, Rachel became Deputy Global Co-ordinator for Markets Legal. Rachel took on her current role in April 2015. She is a member of the Asia Pacific Executive Forum, the Barclays Group Legal Executive Committee, the Barclays Bank PLC Legal Executive Committee and chairs the Asia Pacific Legal Regional Management Team.
Between 2013 and 2015, Rachel took on additional responsibility as Chair of the Employee Network Groups in Asia Pacific, responsible for managing and leading Barclays’ diversity and inclusion efforts in the region. She was a founding member of Barclays’ Women’s Initiatives Network in Asia Pacific, and is currently the Executive Committee sponsor for Spectrum, Barclays LGBT network. She is also the Be Well Sponsor for Asia Pacific and is the Sponsor of the Barclays Group Legal Executive Committee Skills for the Future strategic initiative and Legal Professional Mobility Programme.
- Member: free of charge
- Non-Member: HK$ 250
Terms & Conditions
- Reservations in advance are required. Please consider your booking confirmed unless notified otherwise.
- Cancellations must be made in writing 24 hours prior to the event. No shows will be charged.
- This event is closed to the media.
- The event will be cancelled if the No.8 Typhoon signal or the Black Rain Storm warning is in force.
- By attending this event, you agree to be photographed and/or filmed and give permission to use your likeness in promotional and/or marketing materials.
- For further information please email [email protected]
- All payments for this event need to be settled by credit card through PayPal. Please note you do not need a PayPal account to complete payment.