6 July 2021
Graham McKay, Global Head of Gas & Electrical Products, British Standards Institution
UKCA (UK Conformity Assessment) mark is the new UK product marking that is required for certain products being placed on the market in Great Britain (England, Wales and Scotland) and covers most products that previously required the CE mark. It came into force on 1 Jan 2021 and the EU’s CE mark will not be accepted by the UK after 31 December 2021.
Therefore, if you wish to continue to export to the UK, you have to prepare for the end of recognition of the CE mark in GB and affix the UKCA marking using a UK-appointed ‘approved body’.
Join this webinar to learn more about UKCA mark and what you have to do to stay compliant with your products. Graham will cover the following:
• Brexit impact on UK product regulations
• Introduction to the new “UKCA” mark
• EU “Notified Bodies” v UK “Approved Bodies”
• Actions you may need to take to maintain UK market access
• Northern Ireland - a special case
Details on how to join will be sent via email by 5pm the day before the webinar.
About the speaker
Graham is the Global Head of Energy Products within BSI – a graduate in electronic & software engineering and a Chartered Engineer, he has a career spanning over 30 years within the product safety and compliance industry. Graham started his career working for British Gas developing novel control systems for the gas industry, which led to his keen interest in issues relating to standards and compliance. He has worked closely with many large companies around the world and headed up the operations of several European Notified Bodies prior to joining BSI eleven years ago.
- Member: HK$140
- Non-Member: HK$250
Terms & Conditions
- Reservations in advance are required. Please consider your booking confirmed unless notified otherwise.
- Cancellations must be made in writing 24 hours prior to the event. No shows will be charged.
- This event is closed to the media.
- The event will be cancelled if the No.8 Typhoon signal or the Black Rain Storm warning is in force.
- By attending this event, you agree to be photographed, recorded, and/or filmed and give permission to use your likeness in promotional and/or marketing materials.
- For further information please email email@example.com
- All payments for this event need to be settled by credit card through PayPal. Please note you do not need a PayPal account to complete payment.