Please note that the event has been postponed to 1st September 2020.
Today a Retail Mall, Tomorrow a Destination – Adapting to Change
Supported by the Retail & Hospitality Committee
Peter Hurst, Executive Director, Arcadis
Darryl Custer, Senior Vice President, CallisonRTKL
Retail is once again at the forefront of disruption hit globally by Covid-19 and locally by the twin impacts of the pandemic and social unrest. Malls are quiet, lacking both customers and brands with a sustainable future. Where does physical retail go from here and how does it exist in an increasingly digital world?
Arcadis Asia Retail Lead Peter Hurst and Darryl Custer, Head of Design firm CallisonRTKL, examine the challenges of the industry, the shifts in consumer behaviour and the way out for both landlords and brands.
About the speakers
Peter is an Executive Director with global multi-disciplinary consultancy Arcadis. He is a specialist in the delivery of retail stores specifically for project and programme management on major branded retail rollouts. Peter has been responsible for the delivery of 1,000’s of stores across Asia and has worked across the sector from Luxury to Mass Market, Travel Retail to Department Stores and the Mall to the High Street. He has lived in Hong Kong for over 24 years and is an entrepreneur having co-founded the inProjects group in 2001, a business acquired by Arcadis in 2014.
Darryl Custer is a Senior Vice President with global Design Studio CallisonRTKL and leads the firm’s Hong Kong office. With extensive exposure to China and the broader Asia region, combined with US and other international experience, he specialises in delivering ground breaking retail mixed use solutions to the market. Darryl works with developers and design teams leading projects to outcomes that clearly reflect his client’s goals and vision. He is a member of the American Institute of Architects and has over 30 years of experience.
Details on how to join this webinar will be sent via email within 2 hours of the webinar start time.
Terms & Conditions
- Reservations in advance are required. Please consider your booking confirmed unless notified otherwise.
- Cancellations must be made in writing 24 hours prior to the event. No shows will be charged.
- This event is closed to the media.
- The event will be cancelled if the No.8 Typhoon signal or the Black Rain Storm warning is in force.
- By attending this event, you agree to be photographed, recorded, and/or filmed and give permission to use your likeness in promotional and/or marketing materials.
- For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- All payments for this event need to be settled by credit card through PayPal. Please note you do not need a PayPal account to complete payment.