Steve Vickers, Chief Executive Officer, Steve Vickers and Associates Limited
2020 has started off with a number of severe and unanticipated events, including the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and political instability locally. From the broader perspective US China tensions have escalated, Taiwanese elections have resulted in a far less pro-mainland government and all across the region looming uncertainties are on the horizon. 2020 will be a year of sudden change which will present both threats and opportunities to regional businesses and MNCs.
In his presentation Steve Vickers will outline a practical guide to the likely scenarios and will address, country by country, significant issues in the greater China area, Japan and the ASEAN countries. This will be useful for any company that operates across the region.
About the speaker
Steve Vickers is the CEO of Steve Vickers & Associates (“SVA”) (www.stevevickersassociates.com) and has over 40 years’ experience in Asia in both government and the private sectors.
Steve is an acknowledged expert on political and security issues in Asia Pacific and is a frequent commentator on political risk and crisis management/containment issues. His opinion on risk and security issues is regularly sought by the international media and he has lectured widely in Asia, North America and Europe.
For the past 20 years plus in the private sector, Steve has conducted numerous sensitive – business intelligence assignments, crisis containment issues and other high risk issues facing international corporations. Separately he is an acknowledged expert in the area of Kidnap and Ransom and Product Contamination issues.
He is a member of the International Institute of Security.
This event is hosted by Andrew Seaton.
Ticket includes a full hot English breakfast buffet.
Please note that Business Attire is required by the Hong Kong Club - collared shirts must be worn by men, and jeans, sandals and sports shoes are not permitted. To see the full list of club rules on dresscode, please click here.
- Member: HK$440
- Non-Member: HK$560
- Y-Network Member: HK$340
- Start-up Member: HK$340
Terms & Conditions
- Reservations in advance are required. Please consider your booking confirmed unless notified otherwise.
- Business Attire is required by the Hong Kong Club. No jeans or sports shoes.
- Cancellations must be made in writing 24 hours prior to the event. No shows will be charged.
- This event is closed to the media.
- The event will be cancelled if the No.8 Typhoon signal or the Black Rain Storm warning is in force.
- By attending this event, you agree to be photographed and/or filmed and give permission to use your likeness in promotional and/or marketing materials.
- For further information please email email@example.com
- All payments for this event need to be settled by credit card through PayPal. Please note you do not need a PayPal account to complete payment.