Hong Kong – Current Threat Assessment - Implications for Foreign Business
This event has been postponed to Tuesday 9 June.
Steve Vickers, Chief Executive Officer, Steve Vickers and Associates Limited
The recent arrests of pro-democracy activists in Hong Kong have underlined how tensions are still boiling away, notwithstanding the impact of the COVID-19 outbreak. Businesses should prepare for further civil unrest, as the threat from the virus recedes, and as frictions rise. Events in Hong Kong may also impact US and UK China relations at this difficult time.
In this presentation Steve will give a frank, impartial and unvarnished assessment of what is really going on and the possible outcomes.
Steve will give practical advice to MNCs and other businesses based in Hong Kong as to appropriate measures to mitigate their risk and plan for business recovery.
About the speaker
Steve Vickers is the founder and CEO of Steve Vickers & Associates (www.stevevickersassociates.com), a specialist risk mitigation, corporate intelligence and security consulting company. Steve has over 40 years’ experience in Asia in both government and the private sectors.
Steve is an acknowledged expert on political and security issues in Asia Pacific and is a frequent commentator on political risk and crisis management/containment issues. His opinion on risk and security issues is regularly sought by the international media and he has lectured widely in Asia, North America and Europe.
For the past 28 years in the private sector, Steve has conducted numerous sensitive- business intelligence assignments, crisis containment issues and other high risk issues facing international corporations.
Steve previously spent 18 years with the former Royal Hong Kong Police and commanded its Criminal Intelligence Bureau.
He is a member of the International Institute of Security.
This event is hosted by Andrew Seaton.
Ticket includes a full hot English breakfast buffet.
Please note that Business Attire is required by the Hong Kong Club - collared shirts must be worn by men, and jeans, sandals and sports shoes are not permitted. To see the full list of club rules on dresscode, please click here.
- Member: HK$440
- Non-Member: HK$560
- Y-Network Member: HK$340
- Start-up Member: HK$340
Terms & Conditions
- Reservations in advance are required. Please consider your booking confirmed unless notified otherwise.
- Business Attire is required by the Hong Kong Club. No jeans or sports shoes.
- Cancellations must be made in writing 24 hours prior to the event. No shows will be charged.
- This event is closed to the media.
- The event will be cancelled if the No.8 Typhoon signal or the Black Rain Storm warning is in force.
- By attending this event, you agree to be photographed and/or filmed and give permission to use your likeness in promotional and/or marketing materials.
- For further information please email email@example.com
- All payments for this event need to be settled by credit card through PayPal. Please note you do not need a PayPal account to complete payment.