Design for Performance – How to close the performance gap between building design and operation
Supported by the Environment & Energy Committee
Jonathan Yau, Associate Director, Cundall Hong Kong
As the construction industry is working toward significant carbon reduction target, it has become increasingly important to bridge the performance gap between building design and actual performance.
Traditionally buildings are designed to certain standards and regulations. However, the responsibility of actual carbon emission during operation stage is generally decoupled from designers. This creates a performance gap when asset owners and operators want to predict and manage the carbon emission of new buildings.
Design for Performance is an approach to manage building performance from early stage. This lunchtime seminar will discuss the process of design for performance, performance gaps in the industry, as well as examples and lessons learnt from other countries such as UK and Australia, including the successful NABERS scheme, which is being considered in other jurisdictions like the UK and Hong Kong.
About the speaker
Jonathan Yau is a sustainability specialist with wide range of sustainability development, innovation and R&D experiences.
He started his career in UK as mechanical engineer specialised in low carbon building design and carbon assessment. He returned to Hong Kong in 2008 and has since focused on green building and low carbon management projects in Hong Kong, China and South-East Asia.
Jonathan is passionate in low carbon management in new and existing buildings, as well as helping business to unlock their carbon reduction potential. He believes “Big things have small beginnings” and that a truly sustainable development can only be achieve by integrated approach.
Currently Jonathan is the sustainability team leader of Hong Kong office and is an active member in green building industry.
- Member: HK$300
- Non-Member: HK$550
Terms & Conditions
- Reservations in advance are required. Please consider your booking confirmed unless notified otherwise.
- Cancellations must be made in writing 24 hours prior to the event. No shows will be charged.
- This event is closed to the media.
- The event will be cancelled if the No.8 Typhoon signal or the Black Rain Storm warning is in force.
- By attending this event, you agree to be photographed and/or filmed and give permission to use your likeness in promotional and/or marketing materials.
- For further information please email email@example.com
- All payments for this event need to be settled by credit card through PayPal. Please note you do not need a PayPal account to complete payment.