Part of Women in Business Networking series
Supported by the Women in Business Committee
Join this Women In Business Networking event, where we will be taking you on a journey through some of Italy’s most popular wine regions (listed below). You will also have the opportunity to meet and network with fellow Chamber members and non-members alike. We look forward to welcoming you for a fun evening with great wine.
The ticket price will include tasting of 8 different wines and some antipasti.
2. Veneto – Garda Lake and Unesco site of Conegliano Hills
About the speakers
Claudia Capelvenere joined Valdivia Ltd in 1995 after graduating from University in London followed by a year studying and working in Italy and France. Claudia speaks fluent English, Italian, Danish, French, simple German and can get by with her basic Cantonese at the local markets and with the taxi-drivers. Claudia grew up in HK (she arrived at the age of 1) and in her spare-time enjoys a variety of sports activities such as golf, tennis, swimming and trail-running. Over the years Claudia has been commissioned by local HK restaurant groups to educate shareholders on Italian wines before completing their wine lists. Over the years Valdivia has conducted wine tastings for various societies such as the Medical, Law, Wine etc., and before the days of “official Sommeliers” arriving in HK, Claudia was often invited to sit on wine tasting panels for various wine-competitions and wine-magazines.
Valdivia strives to source their portfolio wines from smaller independent and family-owned producers as well as from larger, world-renowned wineries. Valdivia carries over 500 different wines ranging from the Northern Alpine regions down to the sunny Mediterranean Islands as well as award-winning wines from Marlborough New Zealand, Great Southern Australia, Mendoza Argentina, Kent England, Elqui Valley Chile. In 2011 Valdivia was honoured to be awarded by “Vinitaly” for “its significant contribution in the promotion and education of Italian wines in HK.” With Claudia’s passionate, experienced and extensive wine knowledge (she is a WSET holder), together with the company’s 40+ years’ market experience, Valdivia is known as the forerunner on the market and today is HK’s oldest wine importing company.
- Member: HK$ 300
- Non-Member: HK$ 400
- Y-Network Member: HK$ 250
- Start-up Member: HK$ 250
Terms & Conditions
- Reservations in advance are required. Please consider your booking confirmed unless notified otherwise.
- Business Attire is required by the Hong Kong Club. No jeans or sports shoes.
- Cancellations must be made in writing 24 hours prior to the event. No shows will be charged.
- This event is closed to the media.
- The event will be cancelled if the No.8 Typhoon signal or the Black Rain Storm warning is in force.
- By attending this event, you agree to be photographed and/or filmed and give permission to use your likeness in promotional and/or marketing materials.
- For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- All payments for this event need to be settled by credit card through PayPal. Please note you do not need a PayPal account to complete payment.