Supported by Construction Industry Group and Logistics Committee
Phil Wilbraham, Expansion Programme Director, Heathrow Airport
The decision to pursue the expansion of Heathrow is a clear signal to the world that Britain is open for business. Heathrow’s expansion plan will deliver the infrastructure the UK needs to secure its future as an outwards looking trading nation. During Phil’s talk he will explain Heathrow’s masterplan for the delivery of expansion and explore how particular delivery targets will be met through the use of Heathrow’s delivery model. He will focus on innovation, digitalisation, Heathrow’s use of logistics hubs and the development of a fully integrated control centre.
About the speaker
Phil joined Heathrow in 2003 and became Expansion Programme Director in 2017 accountable for delivering Heathrow’s third runway along with the infrastructure to support it. Previously as Development Director, Phil was accountable for all the Capital works at Heathrow. As Eastern Campus Programme Director, Phil was accountable for the delivery of the airport’s new Terminal 2. This £2.5bn programme has provided passengers with a new, ‘state of the art’, terminal.
Before Terminal 2, Phil led the completion of the £4.3bn construction of Terminal 5 and prior to that he led the £350 million Terminal 5 Landside Development Project which included the successful completion of the Twin Rivers Diversion and M25 Spur ahead of programme and under budget.
Phil is also Chairman of the Trustees of the BAA Pension Fund at Heathrow.
Phil was previously Director of Civil Engineering with TPS Consult, where he was involved in private and public-sector schemes from feasibility stage through to design, construction and completion. This included working for BAA on Terminal 5 and many other projects at Heathrow, Gatwick and Stansted, as well as with many other clients.
Phil has also worked both overseas and in the UK as a civil engineer for DHV and Mott MacDonald.
This event is hosted by Andrew Seaton.
Ticket includes a full hot English breakfast buffet.
Please note that Business Attire is required by the Hong Kong Club - collared shirts must be worn by men, and jeans, sandals and sports shoes are not permitted. To see the full list of club rules on dresscode, please click here.
- Member: HK$ 440
- Non-Member: HK$ 560
- Y-Network Member: HK$ 340
- Start-up Member: HK$ 340
Terms & Conditions
- Reservations in advance are required. Please consider your booking confirmed unless notified otherwise.
- Business Attire is required by the Hong Kong Club. No jeans or sports shoes.
- Cancellations must be made in writing 24 hours prior to the event. No shows will be charged.
- This event is closed to the media.
- The event will be cancelled if the No.8 Typhoon signal or the Black Rain Storm warning is in force.
- By attending this event, you agree to be photographed and/or filmed and give permission to use your likeness in promotional and/or marketing materials.
- For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- All payments for this event need to be settled by credit card through PayPal. Please note you do not need a PayPal account to complete payment.