Supported by Environment & Energy Committee
Paul Lengthorn, Development Director, Mott MacDonald Hong Kong
The walkability of cities around the world has become an increasingly important consideration in new design and regeneration and to increase the sustainability and livability of the places we live in. This briefing will look at the approaches other cities have taken to improve their walkability and will also consider the very special circumstances of Hong Kong in achieving improved walkability, including our notable density of developments and the sometimes three dimensional nature of topography, and offer up challenges in analysis and applying improvements. Our speaker will reference the on-going study for Hong Kong's Transport Department that is producing new recommendations and guidance on this topic.
About the speaker
Paul Lengthorn, Development Director, Mott MacDonald Hong Kong. Paul has led engineering projects in Europe, the Middle East, Shanghai and Beijing, before being based in Hong Kong. Many of his projects have focused on urban development, in the private, public and for international development funders. He is the project manager for Mott MacDonald's Walkability project, commissioned by the Transport Department.
This event is hosted by Andrew Seaton.
Ticket includes a full hot English breakfast buffet.
Please note that Business Attire is required by the Hong Kong Club - collared shirts must be worn by men, and jeans, sandals and sports shoes are not permitted. To see the full list of club rules on dresscode, please click here.
- Member: HK$ 440
- Non-Member: HK$ 560
- Y-Network Member: HK$ 340
- Start-up Member: HK$ 340
Terms & Conditions
- Reservations in advance are required. Please consider your booking confirmed unless notified otherwise.
- Business Attire is required by the Hong Kong Club. No jeans or sports shoes.
- Cancellations must be made in writing 24 hours prior to the event. No shows will be charged.
- This event is closed to the media.
- The event will be cancelled if the No.8 Typhoon signal or the Black Rain Storm warning is in force.
- By attending this event, you agree to be photographed and/or filmed and give permission to use your likeness in promotional and/or marketing materials.
- For further information please email email@example.com
- All payments for this event need to be settled by credit card through PayPal. Please note you do not need a PayPal account to complete payment.