Anthony Madigan, CEO, Write the Talk
Imogen Short, Chief Creative Officer, Write the Talk
Solving the global employee engagement crisis
According to Gallup, 85% of the world’s workforce aren’t engaged in the work they do. Given that we spend around a third of our lives at work, this is a global happiness crisis that impacts our lives far beyond the office – causing workaholism, stress, insomnia, loss of sense of humour and perhaps not surprisingly, divorce.
Beyond the human cost, the effect on business performance – and therefore the bottom line – is also significant. In the US alone, actively disengaged employees cost businesses around $500 billion a year. Put simply, it’s slowing down economic growth.
On the flip side…
…Gallup found that businesses with engaged employees are 17% more productive and a staggering 21% more profitable. Highly engaged employees are 87% less likely to leave their companies than their less engaged counterparts, which is important because in the US alone, employee turnover costs companies $11 billion USD a year.
Using the science of story to make things happen
Big stories are the most powerful way to engage people in what your business is for – and where it’s going. A long-running company story provides employees with something beyond just numbers and facts. It gives meaning and connection, making them a character in the company’s story and not just a bystander.
Join us as we explore why story is helping to solve the crisis, and how it makes things happen.
About the speakers
Anthony is the founder of Write the Talk, leaving a life in banking strategy and change management behind for the higher risk world of a business start-up. Trained in the power of story in drama and fiction at the University of Birmingham, Anthony has combined two of his own storylines in creating the Write the Talk proposition. A few years on from the decision to take a different direction in life, Anthony’s a little greyer but has a great team and a growing airline loyalty balance to compensate.
Imogen Short is Chief Creative Officer for Write the Talk Hong Kong, the Asia-Pacific hub of the UK-based agency. Imogen helps shape big stories for bold organisations in Asia: transforming cultures, attracting customers and bringing strategy to life.
Prior to this, Imogen spent 12 years in a number of strategic communication roles across the world, predominantly within financial services, working closely with leadership teams to shape business strategy, increase engagement and drive growth. She is a keen trail runner, traveller and writer.
Ticket includes a light continental breakfast.
- Member: HK$ 300
- Non-Member: HK$ 400
- Y-Network Member: HK$ 200
- Start-up Member: HK$ 200
Terms & Conditions
- Reservations in advance are required. Please consider your booking confirmed unless notified otherwise.
- Cancellations must be made in writing 24 hours prior to the event. No shows will be charged.
- This event is closed to the media.
- The event will be cancelled if the No.8 Typhoon signal or the Black Rain Storm warning is in force.
- By attending this event, you agree to be photographed and/or filmed and give permission to use your likeness in promotional and/or marketing materials.
- For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- All payments for this event need to be settled by credit card through PayPal. Please note you do not need a PayPal account to complete payment.