Part of the Capital Market Series
Supported by the Financial Markets Committee
Join us for a luncheon with Clement Cheung, Chief Executive Officer of the Insurance Authority.
Clement will give us an overview of the Insurance Authority and some of its key areas of focus at this luncheon, and will also touch on other topics including:
- Connectivity with Mainland China
- Updates on the Greater Bay Area
- Thoughts on Insurtech and its impact on the industry
Clement has been the CEO of the Insurance Authority since 15 August 2018. He joined the Administrative Service in 1983 and was involved in the formulation and implementation of various government policies. Key positions held by Clement have included Director of the Hong Kong Economic and Trade Office in Singapore from 1998 to 2001, taking charge of ASEAN affairs and coping with the impact of the Asian Financial Crisis; Commissioner of Insurance from 2006 to 2009, responsible for prudential regulation of authorized insurers during the global financial crisis; Postmaster General from 2009 to 2011, making notable achievements in corporate structuring and business development; Commissioner of Customs and Excise in September 2011, combatting smuggling activities, interdicting drug trafficking, protecting intellectual property rights and safeguarding consumer interests. He became Secretary for the Civil Service in July 2015 before proceeding on retirement in July 2017.
Don’t miss the chance to hear some of the Insurance Authority’s plans into 2020 and beyond.
Ticket includes a 3-course meal and one drink.
- Member: HK$ 650
- Non-Member: HK$ 750
- Y-Network Member: HK$ 600
- Start-up Member: HK$ 600
Terms & Conditions
- Reservations in advance are required. Please consider your booking confirmed unless notified otherwise.
- Cancellations must be made in writing 24 hours prior to the event. No shows will be charged.
- This event is closed to the media.
- The event will be cancelled if the No.8 Typhoon signal or the Black Rain Storm warning is in force.
- By attending this event, you agree to be photographed and/or filmed and give permission to use your likeness in promotional and/or marketing materials.
- For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org