Weijian Shan is the Chairman and CEO of PAG, one of the largest PE firms in Asia, with US$30 billion in capital under management. He is also the author of "Out of the Gobi", a powerful memoir about his own extraordinary journey against all odds, from being exiled to the Gobi Desert at the age of 15, surviving the trauma and turmoil of Mao’s Cultural Revolution to having the ‘Midas Touch’ today and bringing billions of dollars in gains to his investors.
During the session, he will share his views on the global and economic agenda, why he doesn’t think the real estate bubble will burst in China and his predictions on whether Beijing will save the day with a big stimulus package, among other pressing topics.
Alongside the French Chamber of Commerce, the British Chamber is co-hosting a sharing session with Weijian Shan featuring his best-selling memoir "Out of the Gobi - My Story of China and America". The memoir can be purchased at the event; be sure to have Weijian autograph for you!
About the speaker
• Group Chairman & CEO, Managing Partner of PAG Group.
• Senior partner at TPG and co-managing partner of Newbridge Capital before its integration with TPG.
• Managing Director of JP Morgan from 2001 to 2006, concurrently serving as its Chief China Representative.
• Assistant Professor at the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.
• Holds Doctor of Philosophy and Master of Arts from University of California, Berkeley (UC Berkeley) and an MBA from University of San Francisco.
- Member: HK$ 250
- Non-Member: HK$ 350
Terms & Conditions
- Reservations in advance are required. Please consider your booking confirmed unless notified otherwise.
- Cancellations must be made in writing 24 hours prior to the event. No shows will be charged.
- This event is closed to the media.
- The event will be cancelled if the No.8 Typhoon signal or the Black Rain Storm warning is in force.
- By attending this event, you agree to be photographed and/or filmed and give permission to use your likeness in promotional and/or marketing materials.
- For further information please email email@example.com
- All payments for this event need to be settled by credit card through PayPal. Please note you do not need a PayPal account to complete payment.