Supported by the Women in Business Committee
What does a strong culture of Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) really mean for your business? And when you are a multi-national company with employees from an infinite number of different cultures and backgrounds, how do you implement a coherent strategy across them all?
The Chamber is delighted to welcome Smita Pillai, the Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer of Dow Jones to discuss the how Dow Jones navigates these questions on D&I in the workplace, and also specifically how Asia compares against other global practices.
Smita is responsible for designing and implementing global D&I strategy, overseeing diversity and inclusion efforts across talent management, leadership accountability and corporate culture leading to better business results.
Prior to joining Dow Jones, Smita was Vice President of Diversity and Inclusion at Prudential Financial. She also spent over a decade at Johnson & Johnson, where she held several leadership positions in global marketing, strategy and enterprise level diversity and inclusion positions.
Smita earned her MBA in International Business from Symbiosis School of Business, India. She is also an alumnus of the leadership program for Strategic Thinking and Management from the Wharton School of Business.
About the moderator
Kirti Lad is Executive Director of Meraki Executive Search & Consulting Limited. She has worked in Executive Search for over 20 years. Kirti is one of the pioneer’s behind the Women's Directorship Programme, a joint-venture with The University of Hong Kong, a corporate governance programme to help women prepare for board responsibilities. Kirti also leads the Meraki Network, an Executive Women's network in the region and is an active member of the Women in Business Committee at the British Chamber in Hong Kong. In 2015, 2016 and 2017, Kirti was named as one of the Global Top 50 Diversity Professionals in Industry by the Economist Magazine.
Ticket includes a light sandwich lunch.
- Member: HK$270
- Non-Member: HK$350
- Y-Network Member: HK$170
- Start-up Member: HK$170
Terms & Conditions
- Reservations in advance are required. Please consider your booking confirmed unless notified otherwise.
- Cancellations must be made in writing 24 hours prior to the event. No shows will be charged.
- This event is closed to the media.
- The event will be cancelled if the No.8 Typhoon signal or the Black Rain Storm warning is in force.
- By attending this event, you agree to be photographed and/or filmed and give permission to use your likeness in promotional and/or marketing materials.
- For further information please email email@example.com
- All payments for this event need to be settled by credit card through PayPal. Please note you do not need a PayPal account to complete payment.