Part of the Inspirational Women Series
Supported by the Women in Business
For the next in the Inspirational Women Series, we are delighted to be joined by Angela Mackay, the Global Publisher of FT Live and Managing Director of FT Asia Pacific. In an age where information is king, but simultaneously the credibility of traditional media outlets are constantly under attack, is being just a news source enough anymore? Join us to hear from the senior leadership of a global publication to hear her views on the road ahead for the company and media in general.
Based in Hong Kong, Angela is a member of the FT's global board. In Asia Pacific, Angela focuses on developing the group's significant potential across the region. This includes FTChinese.com, the mainland's leading foreign-owned, Chinese-language news site, as well as the FT's burgeoning executive education business.
As Global Publisher for FT Live, Angela leads business and strategy development for events, membership and communities, such as FT Forums and the Board Director Programme (formally known as FT NED).
Angela also holds wider responsibility across the FT Group, as Chair of Longitude, a specialist thought-leadership and research company acquired by the FT in 2018, and as a NED of scoutAsia, a corporate data and news service powered by the FT and Nikkei.
Angela is a NED of the FT/IE joint venture Headspring Executive Development, and a board member of Asian Youth Orchestra, Hong Kong International Literary Festival and Sovereign Art Foundation.
About the moderator
James Kynge is global China editor at the Financial Times, based in Hong Kong, and covers investment, technology and China’s foreign relations.
Previously, Kynge was Chairman of FT Confidential, the Financial Times’ premium research services on China, South East Asia and Latin America.
A recipient of several journalism awards, Kynge has been a correspondent based in Japan, China, Taiwan, Malaysia, Singapore, Russia, former Soviet Central Asia and Hong Kong over the past 30 years. He was China Bureau Chief for seven years until 2005 and later headed up the Pearson Group of companies' business operations in China. He was also President of FTChinese.com, the FT's Chinese language website.
His prize-winning book "China Shakes the World" was an international bestseller, translated into 19 languages.
Ticket includes a light sandwich lunch.
- Member: HK$ 270
- Non-Member: HK$ 350
- Y-Network Member: HK$ 170
- Start-up Member: HK$ 170
Terms & Conditions
- Reservations in advance are required. Please consider your booking confirmed unless notified otherwise.
- Cancellations must be made in writing 24 hours prior to the event. No shows will be charged.
- This event is closed to the media.
- The event will be cancelled if the No.8 Typhoon signal or the Black Rain Storm warning is in force.
- By attending this event, you agree to be photographed and/or filmed and give permission to use your likeness in promotional and/or marketing materials.
- For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- All payments for this event need to be settled by credit card through PayPal. Please note you do not need a PayPal account to complete payment.