Funding Schemes administered by the Trade and Industry Department
Supported by the SME and Start-up Committee
Christine Wai, Assistant Director-General (Industries Support), Trade and Industry Department
Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) are an important driving force in Hong Kong’s economic development. The Trade and Industry Department (TID) administers various funding schemes, including the Dedicated Fund on Branding, Upgrading and Domestic Sales, the SME Export Marketing Fund, the SME Loan Guarantee Scheme, and the Trade and Industrial Organisation Support Fund, to assist enterprises, particularly SMEs, in obtaining finance, exploring export markets and enhancing overall competitiveness.
Recent changes in the global economic and trade environment have had an impact on the operation of Hong Kong enterprises, especially those engaging in external trade. Join us to hear from Ms Christine Wai, Assistant Director of Trade and Industry Department, who will talk about the funding schemes administered by the TID and the enhancement measures that have been introduced to support local enterprises.
About the speaker
Christine Wai joined the Trade and Industry Department of the HKSAR Government in August 2018. Christine’s duties, as Assistant Director-General of Trade and Industry (Industries Support), cover support services and funding schemes for small and medium enterprises (SMEs), regional cooperation on SME matters, brand promotion and development, liaison and support services to Hong Kong industries, etc.
Before joining the Trade and Industry Department, Christine has served in various bureaux and departments, including the Home Affairs Department, the former Education and Manpower Bureau, the Security Bureau, the Chief Secretary for Administration’s Office, the Home Affairs Bureau, the Civil Service Bureau and the Administration Wing.
Ticket includes a light sandwich lunch.
- Member: HK$ 270
- Non-Member: HK$ 350
- Y-Network Member: HK$ 170
- Start-up Member: HK$ 170
Terms & Conditions
- Reservations in advance are required. Please consider your booking confirmed unless notified otherwise.
- Cancellations must be made in writing 24 hours prior to the event. No shows will be charged.
- This event is closed to the media.
- The event will be cancelled if the No.8 Typhoon signal or the Black Rain Storm warning is in force.
- By attending this event, you agree to be photographed and/or filmed and give permission to use your likeness in promotional and/or marketing materials.
- For further information please email email@example.com
- All payments for this event need to be settled by credit card through PayPal. Please note you do not need a PayPal account to complete payment.