Supported by the Scottish Business Group
Please note the venue has changed to Harcourt Suite, The Hong Kong Club
The British Chamber is honoured to host John Barclay, Captain of Scotland rugby team on his visit to Hong Kong.
John Barclay was born in Hong Kong on 24th September 1986, attended Bradbury Junior School, and commenced his glittering rugby career at Stanley Fort Mini Rugby Club.
After completing his education at Dollar Academy, John signed to play rugby professionally with Glasgow Warriors at the age of 17 and made his debut for the Scottish team in 2007.
He has since gone on to represent Scotland on 71 occasions, and captained the team to a famous Calcutta Cup victory over England in 2018.
At club level, John has played for Glasgow Warriors and the Scarlets, with whom he won the Guinness Pro12 Championship. John is currently with Edinburgh and has been selected for the Scotland squad who are training in preparation for the Rugby World Cup in Japan later this year. John is expected to be a key member of the senior leadership group.
John will offer an insight into the highs and lows of life as a professional athlete, and his hopes and predictions for the World Cup.
Guests at the event will have the chance to enter our lucky prize draw for a pair of VIP Hospitality tickets for the England vs Ireland Quilter International game on 24th August. Many thanks to Old Mutual for their generous donation.
Ticket includes a three-course meal and one drink.
This event is hosted by Andrew Seaton.
Any dietary requirements must be submitted at least 48 hours prior to the event, otherwise there is no guarantee we can accommodate your request.
Please note that Business Attire is required by the Hong Kong Club - collared shirts must be worn by men, and jeans, sandals and sports shoes are not permitted. To see the full list of club rules on dresscode, please click here.
- Member: HK$ 650
- Non-Member: HK$ 750
- Y-Network Member: HK$ 600
- Start-up Member: HK$ 600
| Prize Sponsor
Terms & Conditions
- Reservations in advance are required. Please consider your booking confirmed unless notified otherwise.
- Cancellations must be made in writing 24 hours prior to the event. No shows will be charged.
- This event is closed to the media.
- The event will be cancelled if the No.8 Typhoon signal or the Black Rain Storm warning is in force.
- By attending this event, you agree to be photographed and/or filmed and give permission to use your likeness in promotional and/or marketing materials.
- For further information please email email@example.com
- Please make cheques payable to: "The British Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong" & send it to Room 1201 Emperor Group Centre, 288 Hennessy Road, Hong Kong