Adapting to Climate Change in Hong Kong
- In the shadows of Typhoon Manghkhut and release of the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) Report, what does the future of climate change look like?
- With growing scientific opinion that an increase of 1.5°C in the average global temperature is no longer achievable, and that we are on track for 3°C, what can we do to avoid this?
- With an increasing demand on our buildings and infrastructure, what can we do to adapt to our new climate?
Join us as we look at the challenges and opportunities for Hong Kong, and across the globe, over the coming decades. We will share our research on climate change scenarios and discuss approaches to mitigate the associated impacts on urban planning and developments. We will provide an overview of what Cundall is doing to minimise our own impact, and the impact of our projects through the lens of different disciplines and share the outcome of our recent research on this subject.
About the speakers
Amie Shuttleworth is the Global Director of Sustainability for Cundall. Her role focuses on developing and delivering Cundall’s global sustainability strategy whilst further advancing the strengths of Cundall’s sustainability consulting services globally.
Amie has a passion for applying sustainability principles and ensuring they are embedded into every project she works on. She comes from a construction background, where she worked in various roles on site from environmental engineer to design manager over a 10-year period. She subsequently went on to be the Head of Sustainabiltiy for a large main contractor in the UK, before returning to HK where she joined Cundall. Since joining Cundall she has lead a team to conduct a materiality review, developed an industry leading business wide strategy - One, Planet, One Chace as well as rolling out sustainable design training to over 150 of Cundall’s engineers through the ‘Cundall Diploma’.
Amie also contributes to moving the industry and academia forward through collaboration, having been a committee member of the UKGBC from 2015-2017 advising them on their future strategy and contribution to industry. She is was also the Hong Kong Ambassador for the University of Cambridge Institute of Sustainability Leadership from 2016-2018 and a visiting fellow of sustainable construction at Birmingham City University from 2013 - 2016.
Andrew Marks is the Director of Cundall’s Hong Kong office. He is a chartered electrical engineer with over 18 years of experience.
He has wide and diverse experience working in Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong and in the UK. Andrew specialises in the healthcare sector and has presented at numerous healthcare conferences in Hong Kong and China. He has also worked on numerous mixed-use development, high-rise residential towers, luxury retail stores, aviation projects as well as corporate fit-outs. He has great understanding of the commercial requirements of projects, working closely with project teams to ensure all the designs produced are efficient and cost effective.
Venisa Chu is the Senior Manager of the Sustainability Department at New World Development Company Limited, where she focuses on evangelizing the “New World Sustainability Vision 2030” across the Group’s business operations, and leads the standardization of sustainability practices across K11 Concepts Limited. With over 12 years of experience in the sustainability, technology, and education sectors, her expertise lies in stakeholder engagement, business operations and strategy, and risk mitigation covering markets in Canada, US, Singapore and Hong Kong, China.
Ticket includes a light sandwich lunch.
|Member||$ 270.00 HKD|
|Non-Member||$ 350.00 HKD|
- Reservations in advance are required. Please consider your booking confirmed unless notified otherwise.
- Cancellations must be made in writing 24 hours prior to the event. No shows will be charged.
- This event is closed to the media.
- The event will be cancelled if the No.8 Typhoon signal or the Black Rain Storm warning is in force.
- For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please make cheques payable to: "The British Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong" & send it to Room 1201 Emperor Group Centre, 288 Hennessy Road, Hong Kong
Adapting to Climate Change in Hong Kong
Amie Shuttleworth, Global Director, Sustainability, Cundall
Mike Kilburn, Assistant General Manager, Sustainability at Airport Authority of Hong Kong
Andrew Marks, Director, Cundall
Venisa Chu, Senior Manager, Sustainability Department, New World Development Company Limited
Parliament Voted! What’s Next for Brexit?23 Jan 2019
Virgin Atlantic appoints Estelle Randle as Head of Asia Pacific22 Jan 2019
The Truth About Fads and Quick Fixes17 Jan 2019