UK Property Taxation Update
This event has reached maximum capacity. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to be placed on the waitlist.
Did you know that all UK residential property is within the scope of inheritance tax regardless of whether you are a domiciled or non-domiciled property owner?
Over the past two years the UK Government have announced major changes which may affect you if you are;
- A UK resident individual who lets residential properties in the UK or overseas
- A non-UK resident individual who lets residential properties in the UK
- An individual who lets such properties in partnership
- A trustee or beneficiary of trusts liable for Income Tax on property profits
Tony Smith, Head of the St. James’s Place Tax and Technical team in Asia, will provide an overview of the UK property taxation and how recent changes announced by the UK Government could impact expats in relation to income tax, capital gains tax and inheritance tax.
The levels and bases of taxation, and reliefs from taxation, can change at any time. The value of any tax relief depends on individual circumstances.
About the speaker
Tony Smith has been in the financial services industry for 20 years. Originally a financial adviser with Royal Sun Alliance, he then spent 12 years with AXA Wealth in the UK as a Business Development Manager, supporting independent financial advisers in relation to the provision of financial planning for their clients. He joined to St. James’s Place in 2012. Tony provides tax and technical support to St. James’s Place Partners focusing on taxation and trust issues in relation to particular client circumstances while assessing the impact and consequences of advice, for clients resident in Asia and the UK.
He specialises in estate planning, assisting with the tax efficient structuring of investments particular to client circumstances, and providing guidance in relation to repatriation to the UK.
Ticket includes a three-course meal and one drink. Any dietary requirements must be submitted at least 24 hours prior to the event, otherwise there is no guarantee we can accommodate your request.
Please note that Business Attire is required by the Hong Kong Club - collared shirts must be worn by men, and jeans and sports shoes are not permitted.
|Member||$ 270.00 HKD|
|Non-Member||$ 320.00 HKD|
- Reservations in advance are required. Please consider your booking confirmed unless notified otherwise.
- Business Attire is required by the Hong Kong Club. No jeans or sports shoes.
- Cancellations must be made in writing 24 hours prior to the event. No shows will be charged.
- This event is closed to the media.
- The event will be cancelled if the No.8 Typhoon signal or the Black Rain Storm warning is in force.
- For further information please email email@example.com
- Please make cheques payable to: "The British Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong" & send it to Room 1201 Emperor Group Centre, 288 Hennessy Road, Hong Kong
UK Property Taxation Update
Tony Smith, Head of Tax and Technical team, Asia, St. James's Place
Parliament Voted! What’s Next for Brexit?23 Jan 2019
Virgin Atlantic appoints Estelle Randle as Head of Asia Pacific22 Jan 2019
The Truth About Fads and Quick Fixes17 Jan 2019