City Week - Held by The International Financial Services Forum
20 - 21 May 2019, Guildhall, London
Now in its ninth year, City Week is the premier gathering of the international financial services community. It brings together industry leaders and policy makers from around the globe to consider together the future of global financial markets and London, in particular. It consists of two days of cutting-edge conferences, workshops, social events and networking opportunities, with other satellite events being held later during the week.
This year’s topics include:
• Evolving role of the City of London in the global economy
• The new EU-UK agreement on financial services
• Towards an EU capital markets union
• New priority markets for financial services
• Potential of a US-UK free trade agreement
• China: Belt and Road, market access and future of the RMB
• India: Fintech, Smart Cities and building on the UK and India’s respective strengths
• Climate finance and sustainability
• Global Financial Regulation – where next?
• Driving Financial Inclusion
• The Evolution of Financial Crime
• The Future of Finance 1: Cyber Security and Operational Resilience
• The Future of Finance 2: AI, Big Data and Machine Learning
• The Future of Finance 3: Skills and job requirements of an industry in transition
Over the course of City Week 2019, a highly eminent faculty of international speakers will explore these crucial themes, including their economic and market impact. The following have agreed to participate thus far, and more are being added on a daily basis:
- Rt Hon Liam Fox MP, Secretary of State for International Trade
- Pablo Hernández de Cos, Governor, Banco de España
- José Manuel Barroso, Non-Executive Chairman, Goldman Sachs, Former President of the European Commission
- Peter Bevan, Global Practice Head, Financial Regulation Group, Linklaters
- Katharine Braddick, Director General, Financial Services, HM Treasury
- ...and many more.
British Chamber members receive 20% off delegate fees, using the code CITY9BCCH.
Register here: https://www.cityweekuk.com/2019
To find out more about the event, please click here.