- How do I become a member?
You can register online once you have selected the right membership type for you or your company. A full list can be found here. We recommend arranging a meeting or call with our membership team who would be happy to discuss membership with you further.
- Which membership does my company fit into?
We have a number of different membership types that cater to all companies and definitions on how we categories these.
- How many members does my membership bring on?
This varies between membership types. A full list can be found here and each of these details what is included as part of your membership.
- What are the benefits of joining?
The main reasons for joining are listed here. However, each membership category has its own list of additional benefits. A full list can be found here.
- What is a Y-Network member?
This is a membership category for anyone within your company that is aged 30 or below. Corporate Members of the Chamber receive one main representative and one Y-Network Additional membership free of charge, while Sterling Members receive two free Y-Network Additional memberships free of charge.
- Do I have to be British, or a British Company to join the Chamber?
No. We welcome all nationalities to join the Chamber and encourage diversity within our membership.
- I would like to join as a member. When will my membership start and expire?
Our membership year starts in April and runs for a full year. However, you can join at any time throughout the year. Please visit our Membership Types page for more information on the different categories we offer.
- How do I join a committee?
Once you have joined the Chamber you have the opportunity to join a committee. The best way to join is by visiting the committee page and clicking the ‘Join Now’ button where you can email your interest for that specific committee. Please provide a short bio which will be shared with the Committee Chair.
- Can all my colleagues attend Chamber events using the member rate?
This is a member benefit for Sterling member companies only. Click here if you’d like to know more about our Sterling membership. Alternatively, you can add members from your company to join as an additional member for only HKD 2,800.
- How do I update my contact info?
You can easily update this under your member profile once you are logged in to your account by clicking your name. If you have forgotten your password simply follow the steps in point 13.
- How do I access the membership section of the website?
You will need to log in and then click the link on your name at the top right-hand side of the page (next to the log out button). This will take you to the member portal where you will find updates on your engagement with the Chamber, upcoming events you are registered for, communication preferences, personal details etc.
- What is the demographic of your membership by industry?
The Chamber’s membership ranges from Startups and SMEs to large corporations and multinationals, covering an exciting and diverse spectrum of business bodies in Hong Kong, the mainland, and overseas.
- I’ve forgotten my login and password?
No problem – this happens to all of us. Simply click “Forgotten Password” and follow the instructions. Do not create a new account as all your preferences and information will be lost. If you are still struggling please email the membership team.
- How do I sign up for an event?
You will need an account in order to register for our events. You do not need to be a member to create an account and it’s a quick process. Once you have logged in, registering for an event is very easy. Simply select the event that you wish to attend, click register and follow the steps from there.
- How can I get a receipt for the events I have booked?
This will be sent to you after you have attended the event. If you haven’t received anything within 5 working days, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- How can I get a presentation of the events I attended?
All presentations are shared to attendees after the event (subject to speaker confirmation) and are also posted on the individual event listing. Members may access past presentations anytime.
- I would like to speak at a Chamber event and share my expertise with members, who should I contact?
Hosting an event with the Chamber is a benefit of membership. If you are a current member and have an event suggestion, please email email@example.com
- Do you offer events sponsorship opportunities with Chamber?
The Chamber hosts over 170 events each year and we are always looking for partners who can offer their support and professional insight. If you are interested, please reach out to the events team who’d be delighted to speak with you.
- Who’s the right person to speak with regarding membership?
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Who’s the right person to speak with regarding events?
Please contact email@example.com
- Who’s the right person to speak with regarding marketing and advertising?